Engines dies in idle after cruising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engines dies in idle after cruising

Hi, I have an 04 tige' that is dying after cruising. 1st time we put it in this year after servicing it started right up. We idled waiting for my husband to park. He got in we took off at speed about a half a mile to then stop to ski. He put it in neutral and it died. Started right up and was fine. Did it two more time. 2 nd day no problems all day and at the end of the day drove at 30 mph for about 4 miles to the dock. We put it in neutral and it coughed a bit and died. After that we had a hard time keeping it running to get it trailered. Shop had it for two days found no problems. Took it out today and it ran fine for about 6 runs of skiing. Then 4 miles back to dock and it died again at neutral. Could barely keep it going to get it trailered.
    Anyone experiencing something like this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cheapest and easiest to start with would be cap, plugs, and rotor. Were these serviced at all by your shop recently??

Comment

I'm sure a dumb question but it just had a tune up, which I believe means new plugs. And its fuel injected to not sure if that matters.

Comment

but it just had a tune up
        Ask for an itemized breakdown of what was done.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Idle air control valve or fuel pressure problem. If you can't start it and keep it running with throttle applied in neutral, it's the IAC.
          Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Originally posted by boatwakes View Post
            Idle air control valve or fuel pressure problem. If you can't start it and keep it running with throttle applied in neutral, it's the IAC.
            Boatwakes, thanks so much for pointing to the idle air control. My mech was not even heading in this direction and was done messing with our boat. I pulled up the diagrams and found the part took it out and found it completely black and gummed up. I replaced it and tested the boat out this weekend and it's back to working great. Saved me hundreds, my mech was going to replace the fuel pumps.

Comment

Working...
            X