Lake Recommendation in Ft Worth Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Recommendation in Ft Worth Area

I’m going to get a chance to spend more time in the Ft Worth, TX area. Do you guys have a recommendation for a lake to enjoy that is a little closer than PK? I’m going to be towing the boat up from Houston on weekends. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by JeffS12 View Post
    I’m going to get a chance to spend more time in the Ft Worth, TX area. Do you guys have a recommendation for a lake to enjoy that is a little closer than PK? I’m going to be towing the boat up from Houston on weekends. Thanks for the help.

What’s your main goal?

Lake Lewisville has the best party cove

I boat at Lake Ray Hubbard off hwy66 bridge in the Rockwall side. Always can get smooth water if wind is out of south or north. You can run up/down the bridge on both sides.

I’m not familiar with lakes in Ft Worth as much as I am with lakes northeast of Dallas.

You could contact eagle marine, they are located in ft worth and could recommend some.

Comment

Fort Worth Lakes

Eagle Mountain Lake is in northwest Fort Worth. Suggest launching at Twin Points Park on south side of the lake. A couple of coves to anchor and float on the east side of the lake. Decent protection from South wind along the dam.

Lake Grapevine is decent as well, but lake level is very high and only way to get on the lake is Silver Lake Marina near the Gaylord Texan hotel. Probably a little less crowded than Eagle Mountain because so many ramps are closed. Eat at Big Daddy's on the south side of the lake.

Lake Worth is smaller lake near Lockheed Martin on the west side of Fort Worth. Small lake, but decent protection and fewer boats. Ramp is under the 820 Freeway.

Enjoy!

Comment

You can see F 35’s taking off and landing at the Lockheed Martin airstrip from Lake worth. I was on Lake Worth once and a F35 came in for a vertical landing right over top of us as it approach the landing strip

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. We enjoy a little of it all for our lake time. A good party cove is great fun. Also appreciate a quiet cove to chill out on our own. Some nice water for cruising and some good spots for getting our surf time in...
          I’m sure we’ll try to check as many of these recommendations out as we can. Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Joe Pool Lake in Grand Prairie is a good place to go. It’s not a big lake but plenty of places to get out of the wind and do some surfing or wake boarding. They also have a restaurant on the water at Lynn Creek Marina that usually has a live band playing on Friday and Saturday nights.

Comment

I live on Lake Lewisville and its a large lake. I have a nice cove behind my house that is perfect for boarding. Not sure if you are up for the drive but West of Ft. Worth has a beautiful lake with clean water and high cliffs, Possum Kingdom Lake!
              Last edited by ktm450exc; 06-28-2019, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ktm450exc View Post
                Not sure if you are up for the drive but West of Ft. Worth has a beautiful lake with clean water and high cliffs, Possum Kingdom Lake!
                This is the lake where most of the photos in the Tige brochures are taken.
                Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                X