Infinity Wave Mfg Surf Tab System.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infinity Wave Mfg Surf Tab System.

Has anyone installed this system on their 08-12 Rz4? Mine is an 08' and I'm very interested in buying this system, but I'm looking for some direct owner feedback. Also looking for anyone that has installed the Go Surf Assist System on the same boats. Looking for feedback and pics. Please help, don't want to waste money for no reason.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have a set of stainless gsa plates new in the box for $1500 plus shipping
    surf till u die.

Comment

I can get you pics of GSA on an rz4 May take a day or so but it works great also I would put one of my custom taps plates on first they work great and the wave is incredible it’s smoother, longer, better push in the pocket plus more adjustable dm me for pricing
      surf till u die.

Comment

Dm sent

Comment

I installed Infinity Wave surf tabs on my Centurion SV244, also a deep V boat. They work great and boat puts out a spectacular wave, the fins on bottom of tab direct the water at surf wave and provide excellent push. Great guys with good customer service at Infinity Wave
          Attached Files

Comment

That looks awesome! Thanks for responding. This will be a big help in my decision making.

Comment

Did you complete the install yourself or did you have a shop do it?

Comment

Originally posted by dougmi78 View Post
                Did you complete the install yourself or did you have a shop do it?

I did the install myself. It was pretty easy really, biggest thing I made sure of was that tabs would retract as far UP to swim platform as possible so they did not interfere with wave (worked out perfectly). On my boat, only requires roughly 8-9% deployment for best surf wave.

Comment

Couple pics of the wave on first test run (installed in April so water was still a bit chilly).

I also fabricated a temp bracket for the surf tab control switches so if I wanted to move them later or upgrade to something different I could do that without having to worry about filling a hole already cut into the boat somewhere. (They also sell Lenco switches with position indicator).

Personally, I like switch set up since I can infinitely adjust the tabs. Also if I want now, I can use the tabs to quickly plane even with full ballast if I was to jump to another surf spot or move and with 5k lbs of ballast, that was not possible before install.
                  Attached Files

Comment

That looks awesome! 5k of ballast? Where do you put it? That is an insane amount of weight. Seems like you have more ballast than the boat weighs.

Comment

Thank you! Boat is about 6000lbs by itself, its a 24ft boat so needs more weight to sink it and I like a big, long wave. 2500lbs of Ramfill ballast (sub-floor). 2) 700lb PnP bags in back transom lockers, 500lb horseshoe PnP bag under bow seats & 500lbs of lead (I put 300lbs of the lead under the bow filler cushion and the other 200lbs in front of built-in cooler next to driver. Nice cause all ballast except those 4) 50lb lead bags are hidden. Usually have 3-4 people on boat so another 600-750lbs of people weight depending on who comes with me.

Other nice thing about using the surf tabs is that it brought my rpm's down about 200 compared to using Nauticurl suckgate, so another benefit. At 11mph, I am between 3200-3400rpm depending on what setting I have the trim tab at. Definitely don't regret my decision to install these tabs, much more convenient and easy to use compared to the suck gate tho I have to say, wave was also quite nice with the Nauticurl. Still totally worth it for $2k, I was struggling to justify it @ $4k for a GSA system and had heard some conflicting reviews for GSA on deep V hulls unless installed exactly right on the deployment angle.

Comment

I was wondering but I think that you might of answered my question when you say that your rpm's dropped. Do the surf tabs created less of a load on the boat vs. the suckgate and is your wave better with the tabs or the same?

Comment

Originally posted by lksrfr View Post
                          I was wondering but I think that you might of answered my question when you say that your rpm's dropped. Do the surf tabs created less of a load on the boat vs. the suckgate and is your wave better with the tabs or the same?
                          The wave with the Nauticurl suckgate and the Infinity Wave surf tabs are similar since I run the ballast the same. Its hard to say for sure, but I feel like the wave has a little more push with the surf tabs since the fins under the tabs direct the water toward the wave.
                          The reason the rpm's came down tho is cause the suckgate sticks out the side of the boat and creates drag similar to a surfgate system while with the surf tabs, the water is flowing under the tabs (more like listing boat), so less resistance. Nice benefit in my eyes since with less rpm, I am using less fuel and the engine is not working as hard.

Comment

Has anyone used the Go Surf Assist system on their boat? Love to hear how it worked on an older boat (2003 22V)

thanks Michael

Comment

There is a whole write up on this forum about a 24v with the system on it.
                              Germaine Marine
                              "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Working...
                              X