Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ski Storage in R21?

boat is an 2019 R21 with E2 tower and factory E2 board racks

Looking to the skiers for this one.....where/how do you guys store your skis? We hate having to trip over them all day if they're sitting on the floor. We can get 1 ski in the compartment on the port bench locker but we usually have atleast 3 if not more in the boat. Tried every position and can't get them to fit on the factory tower racks. I've found a couple tube clamp versions but then we couldn't run with the bimini up. I was thinking of just machining a set of brackets that mount to the factory board racks since the sides look removable, but if there's something else out these I'm not finding I'm open to ideas?

I've got no other ideas besides using the board holder straps on top of the bimini or rigging something else that goes on top of the bimini.

If you decide to try the machining route please let me know. I've wanted to try and machine a set or two of fingers that would hold 2 surfs as the factory versions all hold 1 surf and 1 wake. Curious what kind of quotes you get if you go that route.

Comment

I'll keep you posted. the quote would be the cost of aluminum( if there already isnt something in the scrap bin) and the time of my lunch break or after work. catch my drift hahah if I can come up to something that works and looks half way decent I'll let you know

Comment

Right on. I havent done my homework on it but I have been wanting to find a machine shop local that can CNC me something and probably just have it powder coated, or just CNC it out of brushed aluminum.

I have a set of M2 tower racks that I took off. Would need to pull some E2s. Seems like a lot of people need/want more surf storage and arent wakeboarding at all so figured have a set or two of surf/surf fingers made up for both towers. Maybe theres interest maybe not.

Comment

yeah sounds like a good idea. Like I said I want to play with some ideas and see whats doable and what looks good. And I'm sure we'll be in touch

Comment

I’d also be interested for the sake of slalom skis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I only carry one ski on my 18 Z3 and I put it on top of the Bimini and strap it in. Maybe carry more then 1 but never tried that that.

Comment

I carry 2 skis in the main large comp and rigged a bungee so it will hold the cushion in the up position so I can work with both hands. I could fit 4 in there quite easy I think...so totally doable. I have a 2018 R21

Comment

18 R21 has a bit more room between floor and seat than a 19 R21. 19 started getting a liner built into the boat that puts the bulk of the ballast subfloor. Means the distance between the bottom of your seats to the floor in the 18s is larger than in the 19

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMan210 View Post
                    ...but if there's something else out these I'm not finding I'm open to ideas?
                    Here's an idea Devin... fast forward your life to the 2000s and learn how to surf! Second idea... update the boat in your profile!

DISCLAIMER: Before others put me on blast for the rude response, Devin is a friend. I am just busting his balls. I still ski too, occasionally.

Comment

I've been playing around with the idea of making my own racks as well. I don't machine, but I can plasma cut. So I have been thinking about cutting 3 pieces at 1/4" thick and then bolting them together. Thread one, through hole the middle one and countersink the third one. The middle one would be slightly undersized that would then form a groove between the two outers which would then be filled with a rubber o-ring or something. I need one for a surf board and a knee board. This would be silly cheap to make, and once polished or powder coated no one would realize they weren't one piece. I'm sure I could sell of my clamping racks, minus the swivel mount and then actually have usable board racks.

Comment

Originally posted by D&P Powell View Post
                        Here's an idea Devin... fast forward your life to the 2000s and learn how to surf! Second idea... update the boat in your profile!

DISCLAIMER: Before others put me on blast for the rude response, Devin is a friend. I am just busting his balls. I still ski too, occasionally.
                        well when I get old and can't do a REAL watersport anymore maybe I'll take up surfing.

and I fully stand by my current boat profile

Comment

Comment

Freeheal4life might be able to help me out here because I don't know what a E2 looks like. BUT wouldn't something like HRD(from the garage) racks work?

Comment

Gumby, I havent seen what his other rack options are besides those tower surf racks.

I got to thinking about it and its not the cheapest route, but a guy could probably just but a set of cheap ski racks and drill the fingers out to match the swivel mount of the E2 racks and just leave out the portion that bolts to the tower.. Or if determined to DIY it cut some billets and get some long bolts. Drill billets thru and mount them to rack swivels. This gets the fingers farther out form each other which seems to be a standard for ski racks. Then drill 2 more holes and tap into the billet to mount your own custom made fingers.

Thats how I see it in my head anyways.

Comment

Working...
                              X