Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buying a used Tige

Hello

Im new to the wake/surf boat scene, I grew up getting towed all summer skiing, now that i have kids (8/9) i want them to experience water sports as well.

The boat Im considering is a 2012 RZR it has 200 hrs on it, the few issues that have been disclosed to me is the rear transom remote has moister in it, the speedo reads incorrect ( but perfect pass still works ) and and throttle control doesn't have a positive stop for neutral.

Im kind of buying it sight unseen as its on the other side of the country, Im sending a buddy to check it over and bring it home.

I have read the touch screen can be an issue with this gen of boat, are there any other common issues with these boats that I can have buddy look for?

Do dealers provide service history on boats? The local dealers didn't seem interested in helping me.
    Do the boat history sites work?

I had my local registries check the HIN for leins but the there was no record of the HIN in the database.

Any advise would be appreciated!!
    Thanks

my first tige was a '12 22ve. similar boat and electronics. flawless performance until i sold it in '17. only real issue was a starter battery failure and starter was going out when I sold it otherwise it was a joy to own.
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

I wouldn't buy a boat with known issues sight unseen... It would be best if you could find someone on here that may live close and could take a look before spending money sending your buddy out. Just my .01

Comment

I would pay someone in the area to go check it out!
        its near Muskoka On.

I really want to buy this boat but need to get some eyes on it.

I haven't had the best luck with dealers doing pre-purchase inspections ( they are only as good as the guy performing the inspection)

If anyone can look at please let me know asap.

Thanks

Comment

Try posting on the Facebook site as well: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1505...?ref=bookmarks

Seems to be more traffic on there than here.

Comment

Working...
          X