New Prop Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Prop Design

Anybody seen this new prop design from Sharrow Engineering? Their site claims more fuel efficiency, power and torque. A few articles I’ve found online suggest they are legit and they have a design for inboards/V-drives. Supposedly spent a lot of time in R&D at MIT. If the Michigan Institute of Technology is involved, I feel confident they are for real but I haven’t found anybody online that has one yet.

http://www.sharrowengineering.com/recreational/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to break it to you but you’re about a month late to the party. Lol, jk.

Looks interesting and beyond my knowledge. Looks like it could make a mean margarita.

Comment

Some other boat manufactures might need look into them to help with there fuel efficiency numbers. I think Tige dose pretty good in this area. Boat props have been the same for a long time. so I am not surprised someone has found a way to get it a little more efficient. If they are cheep enough I would be a ginny pig and try one. All it could do is suck.

Comment

betting the added costs would take years of boating to show any appreciable savings in fuel. these will not compete pricewise with acme for a long time imo.

I'd hate to be the guinea pig and spend a grip on one and end up with a prop wash problem that won't go away.
        2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
        2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Like I said if it was cheep enough I would try it. I didn't say I would through away my good Acme if it sucked just change back but...... you never know it might be sliced bread. It would have to be cheep enough to be worth trying. Someone will try them I am sure.

Comment

Good luck getting it fixed when you ding it?

Comment

It certainly looks interesting. I’ve actually been reading up on hoop fins lately. Funny this should pop up now. Theoretically it looks neat but ya, repair would likely be astronomical if not impossible.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
              X