New Tigé owner, NEED HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tigé owner, NEED HELP!

This is my first time posting here, so be easy on me.

I recently purchased a 1998 pre-2050WT, and it seemed to run great and everything when I picked it up. I took it to the water last weekend for the first one and it will not exceed 2600 RPM @ 25 MPH. It is equipped with the perfect pass but the system was off. The motor will rev in neutral but it will not exceed 2600 RPM in gear. I could be going straight and hit 25, but if I were to turn the mph/rpm would drop drastically. Pulling a tube with my brother on it (170 lb kid) was not an option. I could barely hit 18 and trying to sling him from the wake was a no go. Turning with the tube was near impossible, would shut the boat down to almost below 10 mph. Wake boarding was OKAY because of the low end toque, but only able to go straight.

I dropped the boat off at a local reputable marine mechanic here in Tulsa, he got back to me and said it looks to that the boat is suffering from low fuel pressure.. He also said there was an update kit and will install it (new fuel pump and fuel regulator). He said that should fix any power issues I’m having because the 350 (300 horse) motor should be more than capable than 2600 rpm at 25 mph. The only other thing he noticed about the boat was that the transmission fluid was a little milky and he said he would flush it and hopefully it will be okay because if not that’s a lot pricey.

Like I said, first boat, be easy. Just need some help. Thanks in advance. 5D3DC0A5-4C1B-4AB6-9AB9-5FDCB7561B31.jpeg

Wrong prop can also reduce MPH and RPM.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Could also be an injector issue. I had my fuel pump fail and it worked perfectly until it just died on the next turn of the key. My buddies 21v struggled just like yours does and it ended up being injector failure.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

same thing happened to me and it was my perfect pass. Did you unplug the perfect pass to test?

Comment

Working...
        X