Upholstery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upholstery

Hi. It has been awhile... and Thanks to Matt for helping me get logged back in!

In any case, I need to redo my seats and don't want to pay for someone to do it. I want to test my skills on one seat to see if this is something that I want to take on. I am getting the materials list together at the moment. It seems that I need the following:

Substrate: Reuse as that is fine
    Foam: 4" but not sure whether to get open or closed or fast dry or what???
    Plastic between the vinyl and foam
    Gimp
    Vinyl
    Stainless staples
    Glue

Does anyone know what foam I really ought to be using and is there anything else that I am missing?

I’m doing the same thing as you but it’s a learning by mistake kind of thing. Your best bet is to check out Sailrite.They have all the foam and other misc stuff you’ll need.By Chance are you on Facebook Tige?Pm me on there and I can send pics and other info.Its just a pain for me to post pics on here.

Comment

Thanks! Yes, I am using sailright and yes I am on the facebood tige site. I will PM you!

Comment

I am not sure who you are on Facebook??

In any case, I am just trying to figure out whether to get 3" or 4" foam (I'm getting medium density) and if there is anything else that I need.

Comment

Hi, I am doing the same as well. After a quote for 6k I decided to try a cushion myself. I want to second using sailrite. Their videos and discussions were amazingly helpful. I have my nose cushion done and almost done with my back sun deck and have only spent about $250. It's not perfect but pretty close. Goodluck!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X