The new ZX1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new ZX1!

So some of you may have seen a short post or a couple of pics on FB from last week, but after a few hours on the lake this weekend I washed her up, waxed just about every piece of fiberglass and chrome on the boat, and 303'd the vinyl (except cool touch). Needless to say, she's ready for the summer!

First reactions: WOW. Really, WOW!! I really can't believe what a dedicated surf boat can do. Just screwing around a bit even with no ballast and just factory quick sets with taps3, the wake was insane!! I can't wait til i get a few more hours on the boat and start filling bags and weighting her down.. I bet the wake will be even better! Also, after coming from years and years behind a general pleasure boat, the shift to this totally opened my eyes to a whole new world of wakeboarding potential. The wake is just as crazy there even without weight! Last but not least, I managed to get just enough hours on the "break in" to get the boat up to the 30-32 mph that I slalom ski - given that this is a 5500 pound boat with a hull designed for surfing/wakeboarding, the wake was really not too bad! I'm sure I'll still bring the slalom ski out from time to time.

A couple other notes/questions:
    - I noticed that there is a bit of a mechanical gear-like whine at certain rpm's in the 3450 - 3900 range. I know the boat is still under 10 hours, so I'm hoping some of that might go away. Anyone else had similar experiences in the past?

- I get an audible hiss from the speakers in the boat (more pronounced from the tower speakers), even when audio is on mute. Maybe I just expect too much from speakers, but these are of the same price point/caliber as some of my home theater equipment, so I was a bit surprised. Thoughts?

- Definitely took me a second to get used to the reverse movement as many suggested in my other post, so thanks again for the tips!

- Handles like a dream at speed!

- This thing is a heavy tow!

Enjoy the pics!

IMG_3657_web.jpg

IMG_3655_web.jpg

IMG_3653_web.jpg

IMG_3658_web.jpg

IMG_3659_web.jpg

IMG_3660_web.jpg

IMG_3661_web.jpg

IMG_3663_web.jpg

IMG_3333_web.jpg

IMG_3334_web.jpg

Awesome. Love the ZX1!

Comment

Good times!!!

Beautiful boat, I picked the same blue for our boat too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d suspect either a ground issue or a bad RCA cable. I’d heard that people have been finding grounds to head units that are shared with something else. The ground needs to be independent to be thecmist effective at eliminating noise. Verify where the ground is coming from and what if anything else is connected to it.
        For the RCA cables go to your amps and with power off unplug one at a time, power up the system and see if your problem goes away.
        Beautiful boat BTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
          I’d suspect either a ground issue or a bad RCA cable. I’d heard that people have been finding grounds to head units that are shared with something else. The ground needs to be independent to be thecmist effective at eliminating noise. Verify where the ground is coming from and what if anything else is connected to it.
          For the RCA cables go to your amps and with power off unplug one at a time, power up the system and see if your problem goes away.
          Beautiful boat BTW!
          Thanks Jetdriver! The challenge here is to figure out where everything is grounded. Great recommendation though, if I can’t figure it out, at least I can ask the dealer with a bit more understanding.

Comment

So sick - love the colors and kids growing up on a boat is the best!!

Comment

good lookin machine. wish you were closer for a ride. would love to see what that hull can put out.
              2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
              2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Congrats on the ZX1. Fantastic boat.
                Question: what is the height clearance needed to clear the garage door header and width?
                Enjoy.
                Nick
                Dayton, Ohio

Comment

In my 2018 I had an RCA cable that was not plugged in all the way, this led to a hiss and poor audio performance from the tower speakers. I would definitely start there and then go to the grounding cable if the RCA being loose doesn't fix the problem. Not sure about the transmission whine, these boats do sound different than an IO. Something I had to get used to as well...

NG572 in MN

Comment

Mine has also always had a slight his when audio is on mute 2018 RZX2. I will check ground on amps. Thanks for the suggestion I figured it was just the way the boat is.

Comment

Working...
                    X