Thoughts on this? 2009 RZ4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m thinking about picking up this RZ4. Original owner, extremely clean and very low hours. Has the 409. I’m coming from the performance boating world so what should I look out for? Am I dating myself with a 2009? Is the hull the same as, say, a 2013 RZ4?

https://www.boattrader.com/listing/2...dard%20listing

Hulls are the same and as far as I know the difference is years and interior, electrons ect but boat hull is still the same as the older model
    surf till u die.

Comment

As said, the hull is the same. The only thing it’s missing on the hull side is TAPS3 (surfing tabs). But you can add that aftermarket.

2009 is considered by many to be a sweet spot as it has the nice Alpha Z tower but is prior to the electronic touch screen (which can fail and cost a lot to fix).

49 hours is low. It has likely sat for many of its years. I’d want to do a full mechanical inspection to be sure. If it checks out you are in for a good boat.

Tige’s hold their value a long time. It has more to do with hours than age.
      Last edited by JohnnieMo; 05-19-2019, 03:23 AM.

Comment

An 09 and 2013 RZ4 ARE the same hull and neither would have come with TAPS-3 and neither can be fitted with TAPS-3. You can bolt on TAPS-3 like plates and actuators, but you cant get TAPS-3 on an 09 or 2013.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Sorry I fat fingered my phone. The hulls are identical. And yes to be exact you would add Go Surf Assist, not a true TAPS3. Either would require switches instead of a screen.

Comment

TAPS-3 like plates and LANCO trim tab switches or GSA both can produce a great wave, but neither is TAPS-3.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

That’s a sweet boat, I didn’t see any mention of a ballast system so that’d be something you’d want to do if you’re planning on surfing it. You can install a system yourself for 2-3k or get it done for about twice that. You’ll want a lot of weight in that hull for a great wave (3000+lbs)
              Combine a good ballast system and a wakeshaper and you’re in business!
              I’ve always been partial to black and white boats. Love those colors and it looks really clean!
              If you buy it don’t over tighten the clamps on that alpha Z tower or it’ll crack on you.
              Last edited by Jetdriver; 05-28-2019, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. Testing her on the water today so we’ll see how she runs. It’s about 4 hours away from me though. Going to be a long day! I need to confirm the ballast system. The seller wasn’t too sure. Hoping it has the option cause I don’t want to fork out that kinda of money. It also needs tower speakers so there’s an initial $1200/2400.

Comment

I would not worry about ballast in that boat. if its got a custom setup, thats a plus. If its got stock or no ballast, its a starting point for the added ballast you will need to add any way to make a surf boat out of it.

Comment

FWIW

https://www.germainemarine.com/defau...OwnedInventory

Comment

Well everything checked out and I’m picking her up next Friday!

A couple of questions:

1. Best ballast kit? The boat didn’t come with one so I’d like to plumb one in.

2. Suggestions for a new rack? I’d like wakeboard/wakesurf. This setup looks like it’s for 2 wakeboards.

3. Wetsounds Rev8/10 my only tower speaker option? Anything for JL or MB Quartz?

Comment

1-Talk to Chpthril (Mike) He can recommend the best - possibly enzo sac if I had to guess
                        2-racks on either side didn't match. My recommendation would be surf bimini and put them up instead of racks. I only put my crappy surf boards in racks.
                        3-Rev10's and never look back.

Comment

1) got you covered! PM me and we can talk about your options.

3) Alpha-Z tower?

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                            1) got you covered! PM me and we can talk about your options.

3) Alpha-Z tower?
                            1. I’ll send you something tomorrow.

3. Yes, Alpha Z tower.

Comment

The alpha-Z will limit you to a direct-mount style pod that uses the unofficial but common hole pattern. This likely eliminates MBQ. But before getting to deep into labels, id like to know what your goals are.

Comment

Working...
                              X