Thoughts on this deal: 2017 Z3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on this deal: 2017 Z3

I am close to rejoining the Tige family. I am looking at a loaded and very clean 2017 Z3 with the Raptor motor and 315 hours. Final price is $75,500. Based upon what has been selling locally this seems like a decent deal. I think it has every option available including the remote wake control.

Thoughts on this deal? Any concern with the hours being that high? I did talk to the dealer he bought the boat from and they said he takes excellent care of his boat and all the maintenance has been done.

If you can confirm oil was changed, the hours are something for people that generally know nothing. Having said that, most everyone asks the question and this boat will sell for less because of its relatively higher hours.

I think it is clear that the previous owner loved boating and used his boat. I might consider this a better buy than a 2 year old boat with 31.5 hours on it.

Which motor?
    Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Hours matter, more hours = more wear. Just because the oil was changed frequently doesn’t alter the increased wear that comes from the increased use. The whole boat was used not just the drivetrain.
      That said different people take care of their toys differently. 315 hours on a 2 year old boat isn’t insanely high but it was definitely being used quit a bit. I’ve put at least a hundred on mine every year I’ve owned it.
      Like Talltigeguy said a lot depends on how it was maintained. Were the fluids changed at appropriate intervals? How was the vinyl and exterior of the boat cared for, etc...If it was dealer serviced than there are service records to support what was done. If the owner did the servicing than you have to take them at their word. Either way taking a good, thorough look at the boat should reveal anything you want to know about it’s condition. If you’re unsure of what to look for, take it to a shop and have them go through it for you. A lake test is always a good idea as well.
      Long story short, that’s potentially a great deal on a great boat IMO.
      Last edited by Jetdriver; 05-17-2019, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the input. It has the 6.2L Raptor motor. The dealer confirmed they’ve done all the maintenance.

Comment

I sold my 2017 rzx2 and it had near 400 hrs on it and I personally wouldn’t hesitate buying one with more hrs on it since most of if any bugs have been worked out of em rather than one with almost no hrs on it . Good luck and hope to see you back in a Tige post pics of course
          surf till u die.

Comment

Plan on spending an extra 1k to get you warranty transferred. Shop will have to do some work for the Indmar transfer. Id say its worth it as you should get 3 more years of Indmar warranty. Cant remember if Tige is 3 or 5 years for electronics but if its 5 its worth getting the Tige warranty transfer done as well. IMO

You getting it from Germaine American Fork??
            Last edited by freeheel4life; 05-16-2019, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf406 View Post
              I sold my 2017 rzx2 and it had near 400 hrs on it and I personally wouldn’t hesitate buying one with more hrs on it since most of if any bugs have been worked out of em rather than one with almost no hrs on it . Good luck and hope to see you back in a Tige post pics of course
              x2

Comment

I've always wondered about what is truely high hours for a boat motor. Has anyone had a motor fail due to old age/high hours? Like an OA showed copper or maybe you had low compression across the cylinders? Maybe too much blow by or burning oil? If I had to guess, I'd say 2000 hours or more on a regularly serviced engine. Maybe not.

Comment

Unstuck, you are about right. 2k hours is about where most boat engines need a refresh. Ski school tourney boats usually say they refresh the block and head at around 2k hours, though I did hear of a boat with 6k hours still all original.

Comment

Thanks for all the input! I knew my Tige people would come through with sound information. I bought the boat yesterday. I’ll get some pics up ASAP.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                      Plan on spending an extra 1k to get you warranty transferred. Shop will have to do some work for the Indmar transfer. Id say its worth it as you should get 3 more years of Indmar warranty. Cant remember if Tige is 3 or 5 years for electronics but if its 5 its worth getting the Tige warranty transfer done as well. IMO

You getting it from Germaine American Fork??
                      Free, I bought it private party but he bought it at Germaine and we actually met there for the transaction because it needed a warranty item fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Utemachine View Post
                        Free, I bought it private party but he bought it at Germaine and we actually met there for the transaction because it needed a warranty item fixed.
                        Congrats on the purchase!. You can still do the warranty transfer if youd like to with a private sale. Indmar just needs a Diacom recording and a few other things to transfer the warranty. Depending on when it was sold you should still have 2-3 years of warranty. Cant remember if its 500 or 1k to transfer.
                        Last edited by freeheel4life; 05-17-2019, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Nice. What lake(s) will you be on?

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                            Nice. What lake(s) will you be on?
                            We do the usual Utah rotation. Bear, Powell, Flaming, Echo (on a week night). I talked to someone the other day that is still doing Mead out of Overton. We stopped going when they hauled out the marina. I think we’ll give it a shot this year. They said there is a launch ramp and courtesy dock at Echo. No services of course. Best part is great water and no people. What about you?

Comment

I bought an ASR with 80hrs on it and its been through the ringer a time or two so as long as you think its a good deal and looks to par then go for it! I'd offer $68k though

Comment

Working...
                              X