Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boatmate Intensity Lighting troubles

Hi Guys,

2 weeks ago I picked up my second Tige and as expected I am loving it as much as if not more than my previous one. Everything has been great with the exception of the Intensity lights on the trailer. I ordered mine with Intensity light package one for the trailer which includes lighted logo and runway lighting. I get the logo lights to work and change colors without any issues. However I can't get the runway lights to turn on at all. Not in the water and not in the always on configuration. I have gone through the instructions which came with the boat but I'm still stuck. Anyone else have these lights on the trailer and have gotten them to work?

We dont order them often but I know in the past the runway lights run off a float switch that they mount in the rear corner of the trailer. They are on the running lights(brown wire) and the circuit only closes when the trailer is in the water. At lease that has been my experience in the past.

Comment

I have runway lights on my Boatmate and they work well. My guess is that your float is stuck and not activating it, or a wire got disconnected somehow or is maybe loose. Look under your right rear fender (opposite side as licence plate bracket and you should see it...black box about 2"x2". Since they are on the brown wire for running lights, did you have the lights switched on for the tow vehicle when you tried to test? I know you mentioned you had the trailer backed into the water when you tried it. On mine they are not super bright so hard to see during day, tho at night they are plenty bright and its a very nice feature to have when loading boat at night! Lights things up quite nicely.
      I have heard others are able to keep them on even when not in water and a new trailer may work that way (I don't have the option to have them always on, mine is a 2014), so not sure how that option works

Comment

e4- long time no hear from

weren't you in with Pull Watersports for a while peddling tige? or have I had too many birthdays and don't remember.
        2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
        2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by TigeFamily View Post
          I have heard others are able to keep them on even when not in water and a new trailer may work that way (I don't have the option to have them always on, mine is a 2014), so not sure how that option works
          All you need to do to have them constant on is bypass the float and close/complete the circuit on brown wire. Then they will run whenever vehicle running lights are on.

Comment

Originally posted by sandm View Post
            e4- long time no hear from

weren't you in with Pull Watersports for a while peddling tige? or have I had too many birthdays and don't remember.
            Yessir still in the game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TigeFamily View Post
              I have runway lights on my Boatmate and they work well. My guess is that your float is stuck and not activating it, or a wire got disconnected somehow or is maybe loose. Look under your right rear fender (opposite side as licence plate bracket and you should see it...black box about 2"x2". Since they are on the brown wire for running lights, did you have the lights switched on for the tow vehicle when you tried to test? I know you mentioned you had the trailer backed into the water when you tried it. On mine they are not super bright so hard to see during day, tho at night they are plenty bright and its a very nice feature to have when loading boat at night! Lights things up quite nicely.
              These are a different system. My 14 Z3 had runways and they came on when they hit the water as they were supposed to. This new setup is called Boatmate intensity lighting. There is an RGB controller which controls all of the lights. You use an app call XK Chrome to configure the controller via Bluetooth. You can add patterns and change the colors for the logo lights/wheel well lights and the runway lights. By default the runway lights are set to off. I’ve gone through the app and followed all of the instructions to get them to work and they do not. I can’t get them to turn on In the water or configure them to turn on out of the water just to see them work. I’m sure it’s a setting somewhere in the App. I’ll probably call Boatmate tomorrow.

Comment

Did you try at night/with head lights on?
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                  Did you try at night/with head lights on?
                  I have tried in the daylight with the lights on. No light. Pretty sure these don’t have a day/night sensor lol

Comment

Originally posted by e4nash View Post
                    I have tried in the daylight with the lights on. No light. Pretty sure these don’t have a day/night sensor lol

No, they use a water sensor, but my guess is it draws from the park light circuit, which needs to be switched on by the tow vehicle. And just to clarify, not referring to the day time running lights, but actual night time head lights.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

No, they use a water sensor, but my guess is it draws from the park light circuit, which needs to be switched on by the tow vehicle. And just to clarify, not referring to the day time running lights, but actual night time head lights.
                      We’ve done it at night with headlights on and during the day with the parking lights on. Keep in mind these are the new lights which can be configured to be turned on when only by water or can be set to be always on. I’ve configured the controller both ways with the app and nothing. Could be an electrical issue I suppose.

Comment

I understand. Im going after where these draw their 12V from. It wont be from the brake lights, wont be from the revers lights. Has to come from the park light circuit or the a constant 12. if the trailer park lights work, then the trailer is getting 12V from the tow vehicle, so issue is lack of 12V to the runway lights. Or, they are wired to the constant (trailer charge) circuit. A round 7-pin can supply this, but I would not assume its hot on all trucks. So issue could be the 7-way on the tow rig.

Comment

I understand. Im going after where these draw their 12V from. It wont be from the brake lights, wont be from the revers lights. Has to come from the park light circuit or the a constant 12. if the trailer park lights work, then the trailer is getting 12V from the tow vehicle, so issue is lack of 12V to the runway lights. Or, they are wired to the constant (trailer charge) circuit. A round 7-pin can supply this, but I would not assume its hot on all trucks. So issue could be the 7-way on the tow rig.
                          I’m going to call Boatmate in the morning. They just built this trailer a few weeks ago. I’ll report back afterward. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by e4nash View Post
                            I’m going to call Boatmate in the morning. They just built this trailer a few weeks ago. I’ll report back afterward. Thanks!

I had same issue when I first got mine. Was boatmate able to diagnose? I have the same lights and my running lights on the truck have to be on in order to get power going for my runway lights and for the device to show up on my Bluetooth but you’re clearly past that point since you’re able to turn on the others. I assume you are toggling the “zone” tabs at the top right of the app? Those serve as On Off functions for the wheel lights as well as the runways. I have a 2019 and they work great aside from when they are submerged. For some reason they always switch back to white when the trailer is in the water and they flicker randomly (not a strobe, a random flicker as if they are malfunctioning ). Once I pull out of the water they return to the color setting I had them on. Wondering if you have that same issue? Here’s a pic of mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by david.osborne24 View Post
                              I had same issue when I first got mine. Was boatmate able to diagnose? I have the same lights and my running lights on the truck have to be on in order to get power going for my runway lights and for the device to show up on my Bluetooth but you’re clearly past that point since you’re able to turn on the others. I assume you are toggling the “zone” tabs at the top right of the app? Those serve as On Off functions for the wheel lights as well as the runways. I have a 2019 and they work great aside from when they are submerged. For some reason they always switch back to white when the trailer is in the water and they flicker randomly (not a strobe, a random flicker as if they are malfunctioning ). Once I pull out of the water they return to the color setting I had them on. Wondering if you have that same issue? Here’s a pic of mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I can’t get mine to turn on at all. I have followed the steps according to the instructions they provided. Boatmate said my Float switch may be bad but that doesn’t make sense because if they worked they should be able to turn on in the always on configuration as that has nothing to do with the float switch. I have tried with the lights on, in the water, out of the water, two fingers on the switch...nothing. My truck is a 2018 new truck so it shouldn’t be a wiring problem.

It’s really aggravating because all I wanted was straight up runway lights but apparently this was the only way to get them. They over complicated this big time I think.

My understanding of the instructions leads me to believe why yours changes to white. Probably the theme that you set for the runways, as those are separate from the always on configuration color.

My service guy at our dealership will figure it out. Anything I find out I will post here and on the FB page.

Comment

Working...
                              X