Tower Speakers E Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower Speakers E Series

Looking at options for tower speakers and wondering if any one has added 8x12 or similar on E series tower and what that could look like. Clarion has a CM7123T that a local audio dealer is recommending. We are leaning towards the more rectangular type look over the traditional round. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

They are actually a 6x9 driver (speaker). Those 8x12 specs is the housing, but the speaker itself is in the 6x9 class. 2nd, I believe they are retired. If so, this should equate to a very nice discount off their original MSRP.

In terms of output, a 6x9 has a little less surface are then an 8" round speaker. This = less output and less mid-bass. On a tower as tall as the E series, I see no advantage to a 6x9. Quick look at the specs, and I do not think their hang height is much less then a typical 8" round.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. Is there any of the rectangular style that you might suggest we take a look at?

Comment

Off the top of my head, I can not think of anyone producing a 6x9 tower pod setup. Kicker and Wet sounds offer a raw driver 6x9 that work well to upgrade existing pods, but a pod.

Im not saying dont go with those Clarions, just wanted to clarify that they are a 6x9 speaker, not 8x12, and retired. How a 6x9 compares to a round 8". if the price is right and you like them, go for it.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thx for the follow up. The price appears attractive at ($550cdn/pair) and they look nice but from your comments it sounds like the performance side might be a little on the weak side. Currently we have the 4 tige cans with kicker 6". Do you think the Clarions would produce a noticeable clarity and distance improvement?

Comment

Comparing a single pair of 6x9 to two pair of 6". Your current setup has four 1" tweeters. The clarion 6x9 has a 1" tweeter also, but with only a single pair, you are cutting the tweeter surface are in half. Mid-bass cone area, four 6" is about the same cone area a single pair of 6x9. IMO, you might notice a reduction in peak volume due to going from 4 tweeters to 2.

I would consider an HLCD for better projection and peak volume.

Comment

Thanks kindly for your insights. Kicker KMTC series or Wet Sounds? Coke and Pepsi comparison or would you lean one way or the other or in another direction?

Comment

Working...
              X