Fuel Filter Canister Colling Hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Filter Canister Colling Hose

Did my spring maintenance yesterday. In the process of changing the fuel filter, one of the cooling water hoses (small one) finally split enough to make it unusable. I can't find a direct replacement on marineengineeringdepot.

I assume its just a chunk of standard cooling hose I can get at an auto parts store?

Thanks

Indeed, match it as close as you can. I’m gonna be replacing mine next filter service as well. My boat is also an 07’.
    Last edited by Jetdriver; 05-05-2019, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I'm about to change my filter. What is a suitable thread sealant for the drain bolt at the bottom of the canister? Sorry to derail. Seemed like it was close enough to the subject.

Comment

You don’t really need thead sealant on the bolt but after removing the base plate you’re most likely gonna leak cooling water from the bottom of the canister after you put it back together. I ran a small bead of clear silicone around the seal before I put mine back together because I had this issue. I know others have too. It’s better to pull the hoses off the canister than remove the base plate.
        You can replace the rubber seal, I’ve seen it on marineenginedepot.com. I’d still run a bead of silicone around it though to ensure problem free use.

Comment

Yeah, I found it isn't that bad to pull the hoses off instead of removing the bottom plate. Of course, I did need to replace one.

Comment

Working...
          X