New cover for old Tige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New cover for old Tige

I have been stalking the forums for several years now for everything for ballast placement to stereo upgrades. The topic of the day was a new cover for my 2007 20v. I had a snap cover that leaked every time.

I tried several places and none would talk to me because I wasn’t a dealer. So I had my dealer call, who used to be a Tige dealer, but now is just a Nautique dealer. They wouldn’t talk to them either. At the dealer’s recommendation I ended up calling Angola Canvas and they were incredibly helpful. They Sent me a template to make sure the measurements they had on file were correct, walked me through the proper material choice, vents, etc. The final results are awesome. I can’t recommend them enough. In case you need a cover for your older boat and were considering something like Outer Armor, give these guys a call and see if they can help you:
    Richard Hocker
    Angola Canvas Co.
    2301 N Wayne St.
    Angola, IN 46703
    (260) 665-9913

Next project is nailing down the wakesurf setup, more to come when the lead arrives.

Chris
    2007 20v, because I still slalom as much as I surf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the tent pole ridge support idea, I haven’t seen one like that.
    What does it sit on above the windshield? What kinda material did you go with?

Comment

What was the total cost from them?

Comment

The pole holders look interesting. But I personally think a proper fitting cover should not need multiple poles to take out excess slack, only a hang tight in the rear.

Comment

Jet, it sits right on the windshield. There isn’t a support running bow to stern, although it does look like that in the pictures. I had three poles from the last cover so it seemed like a good idea. He used vented supports which work well. There is extra material in each spot the cover hits a corner of the windshield and the ski pylon.

BSREID- Every cover I have had has needed support in the middle, water pools without it no matter how tight. I also put my boat in early and tend to get snow on it once or twice. [emoji2369]

Mike- We ended up using Aqualon for the material. When he found out I was in NH he suggested it over Sunbrella. I believe the reason was that Sunbrella breaths more (for southern states where the cover stays on all year) but loses its waterproofness sooner than aqualon. Where I put it in a garage all winter, I don’t need the breathability. This was $100 or so less, I think in cane in a hair over 700, but I added the vented supports and a vinyl strap ratchet. Worth the $30 for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X