question about 303 fabric gaurd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about 303 fabric gaurd

I just purchased 2 950ml spray bottles of the 303 fabric guard will this be enough to treat my cover it on a 05 22v. Also how do I go about applying it do i just spray it on, rub it in, soak the material? Do you let it just sit in the sun to dry is there a certain temp it should be applyed in. Any and all help would be great.

That should be enough. I used about 1/2 a gallon when we did our Z3 cover. I layed the cover on a concrete surface and liberally sprayed the entire cover, then let it hang over a fence to dry on a day where the temp was about 78 degrees and somewhat windy.

Comment

I just sprayed it on while the cover was on the boat in my buddies shop. I washed my cover prior to spraying....also because I had some mold on the bottom side from fall storage.

Comment

I just washed the cover and laid in in the grass in the back yard and sprayed it. Let it dry and all good to go!

Comment

Is this the best product for waterproofing a boat cover? I need to do mine asap.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
            Is this the best product for waterproofing a boat cover?
            That's what everyone recommended on here Josh, so I ran with it. Can't remember the thread though.

Comment

thanks for the posts guys I washed mine before I sent it off to have work done at evolution covers, now its back so going to spray it tomorrow at work inside so it can dry its supposed to rain here which is better then snow yay!!!!!

Comment

The 303 fabric guard works great. Works best on a clean cover and I have done mine multiple times over the years. What I found works the best is too get one of those small foam rollers that you can buy at Lowes or Wal-Mart....spray a section of the cover either in X pattern, or up/down and then side/side to get good coverage (not soaking it but making sure it shows full coverage....then use the foam roller to roll that area since it helps to ensure that all the spray gets into the fabric.
                I also do my bimini and my bimini cover. Not only makes them repel water very well but also keeps them cleaner cause stuff does not seem to stick on them as much (like bugs on bimini cover when trailering).

Comment

Working...
                X