Attaching Bimini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attaching Bimini

I just bought an 05 24v and am having trouble attaching the Bimini on the highest attachment points. It looks like there is hardware at the right spot to attach them on both sides but I am wondering if something is broken off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need an 1/4 20 bolt to screw into the part on the tower.

Comment

There is something in there already. Is it possible the bolts on both sides broke off in there?

Comment

My apologies. I dug into one of them and it looks like both were filled up with a silicone like substance or something. On my way to the hardware store for a couple of bolts.

Thank you very much!

Comment

They make Bimini top bolts and they are the same size just are not all thread.

Comment

You will be taking that bimini down and putting it up quite often. A regular bolt might work for now, but you may want to look into something like this; https://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Made-P...03952783&psc=1

Comment

^^^^ The thumbscrew above is what came on the bimini originally. You will find them in the glovebox or somewhere else as soon as you buy some more.
              Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
                ^^^^ The thumbscrew above is what came on the bimini originally. You will find them in the glovebox or somewhere else as soon as you buy some more.
                Haha! Exactly my luck!

Comment

Thanks guys. Is this Bimini setup to fold up in place for transport?

I was tinkering with removing one set of pins at a time but couldn’t figure anything out

Comment

Working...
                  X