Missing motor parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing motor parts

Hi All. I just bought an 05 24v and it looks like there is some type of cover missing from the motor.

Can anyone identify what I need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats the degas bottle. Its equivalant to the little plastic bottle in your car that has coolant in it.

You have a rare bird, or at least no one in our area optioned engines in this configuration. Looks like a closed cooled Marine Power 6.0L.

Marineenginedepot.com is who you should look at. If they dont list the cap only call them. Phone numbers at the top right of sight. The cap is fairly CRITICAL as its what pressurizes the cooling system in your configuration and raises thenboiling point of the coolant. Without a proper cap/sesl you are risking overheat. You could probably find a cap at a parts house too but there are a plethora of degas bottle sizes so it may be a bit of a guess without removing the plastic reservoir and having it in hand. MP will know what you need.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the boat. Tons of help around here so keep posting
    Last edited by freeheel4life; 04-22-2019, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like it may be a 6.0 after all.

Is there someplace I could download an owners manual for this boat/motor?

I read that the “impeller” goes on these quite often which causes overheats. Does this sound accurate?

Comment

http://www.tigeowners.com/downloads/...l_Pre-2011.pdf

That's a 6.0 for sure! Looks like a syncrotech V drive too. Is it blue in color?

Swap the impeller every year for cheap insurance.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks Kiolaid. Any idea on a source for the part?

Comment

Freeheel posted it. marineenginedepot.com

Synchrotech is a 1.5to1 Vdrive. Didn't put that in my previous post.
            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Here is a photo of the drive

Comment

1.5 to 1 for sure.
                Oh Yeah!

Comment

https://marineenginedepot.com/weathe...-fuel-injected This is the cover that goes over the top of the engine, if you don't have it. As clean as what the engine is, I assume you have it.
                  Oh Yeah!

Comment

I don’t have it actually thanks very much for the link.

I am having trouble finding the part for the impeller on the site. Do you have that link?

Comment

Look over the front of the motor and see if you have the Jabsco raw water pump or Johnson. Totally missed that you wanted the top cover for engine, THANKS KOOLAID . That baggie with the zip tie is what I was talking about. That needs addressed.

Comment

I’d bet that it’s this one but you need to make sure as suggested above by Freeheel. Looking at the cover plate should tell you what you need to know. The brand will be stamped onto it. If you’re planning on doing it yearly (as you should) do yourself a favor a purchase an impeller puller, it makes a potentially frustrating and time consuming job quick and easy.

Impeller-
                        https://marineenginedepot.com/johnso...-812b-impeller

Puller-you need the small one
                        http://www.discountmarinesupplies.co...SABEgLVlfD_BwE

Comment

Thanks for all the help you guys. This has been awesome!

I am looking at the closed cooling diagram and it looks like there is a raw water pump and a circ pump. Which pump has the impeller I want to replace in my 6.0 l?

Comment

All marine engine have both pumps. The raw water pump will have the serviceable impeller. Circ pump moves the water around the engine, raw water supplied the water to the engine (open cooling) or heat exchange for closed cooling.
                            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Raw water pump

Comment

Working...
                              X