Made to move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made to move

Hey everybody... been a long time coming, but finally pulled the trigger and made the switch to Tige!! Just picked up a 2015 Z3 and love it! IMG_8647.jpgIMG_5625.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was hoping I can get a hand with a problem I have been having with my amp. Not familiar with WS amps but I have a syn 6 powering the cockpits and sub. The problem I’m having is all the 6.5 speakers in STBD side (drivers side) excluding the sub is not responding. I notice on the amp there is push buttons for each channel IMG_8717.jpg

I’m not sure if they’re all supposed to pressed in or not... any help is appreciated!

Comment

Some of the troubleshooting I’ve done was checked all fuses, balance and fade and all wire connections checks out

Comment

Made to move

Try switching the L and R RCA wires on the amp. See if the music moves to the other side. If so that means the issue is before the amplifier.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
          Try switching the L and R RCA wires on the amp. See if the music moves to the other side. If so that means the issue is before the amplifier.
          Hi Jonnie... thanks for the reply... I’ll give that a shot...

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the family! That AVX wave is awesome!!

Comment

Just about to say what Johnie said to help narrow down the problem. I may be wrong but i feel like germane put taps 3 on that boat.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                Only response I’m getting is RCA’s for channel 1 and 2... (used both RCA cables for 1-2)nothing from 3 and 4... and 5-6... but I think they the sub bridged with 5-6... all buttons are pressed down

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                  Just about to say what Johnie said to help narrow down the problem. I may be wrong but i feel like germane put taps 3 on that boat.
                  No... this one came with AVX.... we’ll see how it goes... might make the switch to TAPS 3 at the end of the season... I must say... I came from an MC... and The service I received from Germaine and Tige was awesome! They took real good care us

Comment

Originally posted by jslayde1 View Post
                    Congrats and welcome to the family! That AVX wave is awesome!!
                    Hahha I’m still working on dialing it in... any advice will be great!

Comment

So I think I figured it out... seems like the previous owner swapped out the amp to the stock SYN 6 the boat originally came with.. and just plugged in the wires to whatever channel. I was able to trace each speaker and plug them in individually... all good! Thank you all for the help! Really do appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by ipm983 View Post
                        No... this one came with AVX.... we’ll see how it goes... might make the switch to TAPS 3 at the end of the season... I must say... I came from an MC... and The service I received from Germaine and Tige was awesome! They took real good care us

Welcome to the club! Nice looking boat. I believe your boat should already be programed for TAPS 3 so the swap would be pretty easy. I have a set of TAPS 3 tabs that will be going up for sale in the next week or so if you want to make the swap sooner than later.

Comment

Congratulations (again) Ivan, and welcome to the forum. I knew you could find the answer in here!

Comment

congrats and nice lookin ride...
                            2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                            2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                              Welcome to the club! Nice looking boat. I believe your boat should already be programed for TAPS 3 so the swap would be pretty easy. I have a set of TAPS 3 tabs that will be going up for sale in the next week or so if you want to make the swap sooner than later.
                              Nice! what are you switching to?

Comment

Working...
                              X