2005 22V Perfect Pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 22V Perfect Pass

This is going to be a stretch, but I am wondering if anyone has a Perfect Pass system off of a 2005 22V that they would like to part with. The original owner didn’t get one installed at purchase and nobody makes an aftermarket system for this motor (first year of the electronic throttle). I would need the medallion and all parts to plug it into my boat/motor. Possibly a boat that was written off in the flooding last season?

I have read through the threads of owners who have reverted back to cable throttle control in order to use an aftermarket system (not wanting to do that). Love my boat but would really like Perfect Pass.

Thanks in advance.

Are you positive your 05 "V" has the Marine Power 340 DBW? Is it an 05 and is it a V? Signature says 06 V. The 06 Ve was supposed be the first use of the engine. Ive seen 06 V models with cable driven throttle and perfect pass.

If it truly has the 340 MP DBW, then I think adding Speed-Set is plug n play. As i recall, the harness and plug is there for the touch pad. The firmware should already be part of the ECM for it.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Are you positive your 05 "V" has the Marine Power 340 DBW? Is it an 05 and is it a V? Signature says 06 V. The 06 Ve was supposed be the first use of the engine. Ive seen 06 V models with cable driven throttle and perfect pass.

If it truly has the 340 MP DBW, then I think adding Speed-Set is plug n play. As i recall, the harness and plug is there for the touch pad. The firmware should already be part of the ECM for it.
      Chpthril - mine is an interesting mosh-mash. Seems to be a 2005 hull with a 2006 power plant for some reason.

If by plug-and-play you mean all that I need is the medallion and harness I am thrilled. How would I know for sure? Would the replacement medallions that are being manufactured and sold here in the forum (and wiring harness) be all that I would need?

Comment

2006 22v.

The boat should have a cruise control system in the wire harness at the least. Do you have an oval pad on the right side of the dash by the steering wheel or is it empty?

"Perfect Pass" would require an ECM flash which really is no longer available. There were a handful that were done in early 2006 and no one, not even me, has the flash for it. If you do not have the oval pad, see if there is a plug behind where its supposed to go or if its just a group of bare wires.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

There is no medallion setup in your boat. It should be a pair of faria commander gauges. If it has medallion gauges let me know.
          Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
            2006 22v.

The boat should have a cruise control system in the wire harness at the least. Do you have an oval pad on the right side of the dash by the steering wheel or is it empty?

"Perfect Pass" would require an ECM flash which really is no longer available. There were a handful that were done in early 2006 and no one, not even me, has the flash for it. If you do not have the oval pad, see if there is a plug behind where its supposed to go or if its just a group of bare wires.
            KoolAid - no pad. Original owner ordered this boat without ANY options. I was always told that if you didn’t get it from the factory, it wasn’t possible. Was just hoping there might be a way to pull a system from another boat maybe.

Comment

There is a way, possibly. The big issue I see is finding an oval pad. I don't believe we have them at the factory anymore. We send everyone to IDboating for a new circuit board. If not oval pad, I can help you set it up with mechanical switches. Will be a pain at first since I do not recall if the '06 is momentary ground or momentary 5v or momentary 12v.
              Oh Yeah!

Comment

See if you have the plug behind the dash.

Also let me know which gauge set you have.
                Oh Yeah!

Comment

There is a way, possibly. The big issue I see is finding an oval pad. I don't believe we have them at the factory anymore. We send everyone to IDboating for a new circuit board. If not oval pad, I can help you set it up with mechanical switches. Will be a pain at first since I do not recall if the '06 is momentary ground or momentary 5v or momentary 12v.
                  KooAid - yeah, with none of the components I was wondering if there might have been a few older boats destroyed in the flooding that I might be able to get parts from.

Comment

See if you have the plug behind the dash.

Also let me know which gauge set you have.
                    Africa gauge sets. I have upgraded the speedo to a nautilogic GPS bypass (triducer was not reliable) - but still all original gauges.

Comment

Originally posted by macteacher2 View Post
                      Africa gauge sets. I have upgraded the speedo to a nautilogic GPS bypass (triducer was not reliable) - but still all original gauges.
                      Africa = Faria (stupid auto correct)!

Comment

So if its a faria speedo with Nautilogic GPS all you need is the pad and maybe wiring up power to the cruise control on/off switch. Then again, does your boat have a cruise on/off switch? If not one of the acc switches could be used.
                        Oh Yeah!

Comment

So if its a faria speedo with Nautilogic GPS all you need is the pad and maybe wiring up power to the cruise control on/off switch. Then again, does your boat have a cruise on/off switch? If not one of the acc switches could be used.
                          You are giving me hope!!

No cruise on/off switch but I could certainly put one in.

Comment

I have the schematics for it all. Find a pad, even a damaged one. You can always buy new internals from IDboating.
                            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Ok, so anyone know (or have any ideas) where I can track down a Tige SpeedSet oval pad? I can get new electronics from IDBoating, but need the pad itself.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X