New Tige Owner - 2006 24Ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tige Owner - 2006 24Ve

Hey guys, I have been on here a while reading and learning all I could prior to picking up my new to me 2006 Tige 24Ve. We picked up the boat yesterday and I am starting to look things over to see exactly what I've got. I'll be pestering you guys with questions over the next couple of weeks and would appreciate any help and guidance you can offer.

A couple of questions today:
    1. The boat has one engine compartment blower but looks like vent lines are in place for two. Should this boat have two engine compartment exhaust blowers or is one enough?
    2. What is the electrical device shown in the photo? This is blocking access to the bilge, blower, rudder/steering cable, etc. Just curious what it is.
    3. The boat is very difficult to steer so I think I have the corroded steering cable problem I have read about. Before tackling the new steering cable installation I was going to find the grease zerk and also perhaps remove the rudder and grease underneath as I have read. However, access is very limited and I don't see a grease zerk. Is there a fair amount of exhaust manifold discharge line removal, etc. needed to access the top of the rudder or am I overlooking an easier way?

Thanks in advance for any help. My family and I are happy to be part of the Tige family.

Clint
    Attached Files
Working...
X