Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on 2013 RZ3

Hello Friends,

I thinking about coming back to Tige. I’m selling my 2013 Supra 22ft. I’m looking at an RZ3 with the 6.0 and low hours. Everything I’ve read this is a solid surf boat. Any issues with this year or things to look out for?

Can you clarify? Z3, RZ2 or RZ4? I am not familiar with an RZ3. RZX3 yes, but that wasnt even around in 2013.

Comment

I think he is meaning a 2013 Z3. Great boat, great engine, older electronics, older head unit (Clarion CMD6), overall a great boat.
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

I really like ours. my only concern is long term lasting of the electronics and not knowing what the cost of a replacement murphy screen is but otherwise we have had zero complaints with the few hours we have on it.

and fwiw, I have an aftermarket jl headunit that I'd give up in a heartbeat for the clarion cmd6 that was in my 22ve.
        2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
        2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

While I have never owned one, I seem to recall unhappy owners regarding the quality of the vinyl/stitching. Other than that they are solid boats. Buy it! We need more Tiges floating around the Utah lakes.

Comment

Thanks for the input. Sorry, I meant the Z3. Are the older electronics an issue as far as ease of use or reliability?

Comment

2nd boat and no issues. knock on wood. electronics are pretty easy to use although I have not ever gone through the gymnastics of setting up rider profiles. waste of time for surfing imo and that's all we do. I like how the older boats still have analog gauges. call me old school. one downside we're dealing with if someone has upgraded the HU it probably won't interface into the TT display. kinda stuck with the clarion unit in that respect but it's a decent HU.
              I'm a little concerned with the long term reliability of the medallion units but so far both boats have performed flawlessly and by the time I ever have an issue the displays will have either come down a tad in price or someone has figured out a switch panel to replace it with.

we were boat shopping last fall and had NO issues spending our hard earned coin on a '14 tige that's 5 years old knowing it has the medallion unit. I would do it again if given the chance.
              2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
              2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by Utemachine View Post
                Thanks for the input. Sorry, I meant the Z3. Are the older electronics an issue as far as ease of use or reliability?
                I dont think either. That screen should be a medalion unit, koolaid can confirm. Replacement is always a little nervewracking. Tige should be able to give you some peace of mind about that. Call and ask for Justin
                Germaine Marine
                "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Working...
                X