Swim Platform Bracket Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swim Platform Bracket Paint

We would like to repaint our swim platform brackets on our 2008 22ve. Any ideas what type of paint and prep stands up to lake use. Thx in advance.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I sanded mine with some 220 grit sand paper (palm sander). Wiped them down with a little alcohol to clean them and painted with some Krylon spray paint semi-gloss black I had laying around. The brackets look new and show no paint issues after a couple seasons. Good so far. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^I did basically the same thing but with bbq paint. They still look great.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Thx kindly appreciate your comments. I happened to stumble accross some Moeller Engine paint that I had from my i/o days. Makes sense that it might be a good choice as its designed for leg painting. Gave it a shot we will see how it stands up over time.

Comment

There ya go. Good job.

Comment

Pictures? Did you remove the brackets from the platform before painting? I'd like to paint it all black back there to match the hull.

Comment

^^^I did. It was part of my platform refurb.

Comment

You bet, remove the brackets, there are about 8 Phillip's screws in each bracket, sand out the imperfections/corrosion, prime/paint. I then used a 2 step cleaner then brightener on the platform, sanded with 120 grit, then oiled. Reinstalled the brackets. Looks great. Guess we will see how long it stands up for.

Comment

Untuck, doesn't your 17 have the never style (stainless..maybe..) brackets? I wouldn't see the point in painting them unless you had the older ones.

Comment

All my brackets are plain AL. They are all showing signs of corrosion and maybe even a bit of pitting. I make sure to wipe them down after pulling out, but doesn't help much. Now I have about 10 hours into polishing a sheet of stainless for the surf tabs I'm building so that they will match the center tab. I cut out all the parts last night from that sheet and am now concerned the clean up and welding will end up messing up the new shine, beyond what I can bring back. I should have just planned on powdercoating everything back there to match the black hull. I think that would look real sharp. I know I could have coated all of it for about the same price that I'm in to polishing stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X