Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Tige R23 Fresh Air Exhaust - FAE- Pictures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Tige R23 Fresh Air Exhaust - FAE- Pictures?

Hello,

I am looking into getting a fresh air exhaust for my 2018 Tige R23. I was wondering if any one has done this and if they happen to have pictures of an installation on a R23.

Also I am wondering if you went with the mandrel bent option from a tige dealer, or if you went with the welded version directly from fresh air exhaust?

From the research I have done by reading other posts on this forum, correct me if I am wrong. But i believe that I could buy the welded version for a 2016 Z3 (that is the newest version they offer on the website) and it should work just fine?

Thanks

from factory

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have an older welded version that I put on my '17 RZX3. I believe it was originally on a '15 Z3. Works great. As I recall I could have bolted up just fine without any modification, but I thought the factory FAE parts were pretty bad so I made my own mounting brackets and such that work much better. Ran great last season and is still rock solid as of yesterday when I stepped on it to get in the boat (swim deck is removed).

Comment

I e had both and personally I would do the one from Tige looks way better and cleaner mount
        surf till u die.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          2015 Z3. I ordered it with the blended welds option. It was a $40.00 option.
          Last edited by JCP; 04-09-2019, 01:12 AM.

Comment

The one piece looks cool but I’d much rather have the added support of the version with the TAPs plate support arm. I put one identical to the pipe posted above by JCP on my buddies 17’ Z3 and it has worked great although I was surprised how loud the motor still is. It helped a bunch but I guess I’m just used to my 22VE which has a dinky motor compared to his Z3.

Comment

I had installed a welded pipe on my 2015 Z1, it came with the support bracket shown in the photo above. I had trouble with it breaking the wood screws sent to install it into the hull. This winter I thru bolted it and it seems many times better to me. I believe the factory installed pipes are thru bolted.

Comment

Originally posted by lilkw View Post
                I had installed a welded pipe on my 2015 Z1, it came with the support bracket shown in the photo above. I had trouble with it breaking the wood screws sent to install it into the hull. This winter I thru bolted it and it seems many times better to me. I believe the factory installed pipes are thru bolted.
                Yea, they are notorious for sending out screws that are too small for the application. I’ve been trying to warn people about using the screws FAE sends with the kit for three years. I’ve also told Larry at FAE about the issue but apparently it didn’t help. I really don’t understand why as it’s a very minor expense to assure a trouble free install.
                I went to the hardware store and bought larger diameter and longer SS screws and haven’t had any issues with the 5 installs that I’ve done but there’s no denying thru bolting is the strongest way to mount it.

Comment

Does the fresh air exhaust from the dealer bolt right up? I was informed that the engine needed to be raised to access, not sure if that is accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by cnote View Post
                    from factory

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                    Cnote, is this pic with the original surf plate brackets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bmbendele View Post
                      Does the fresh air exhaust from the dealer bolt right up? I was informed that the engine needed to be raised to access, not sure if that is accurate.
                      I would say that is inaccurate. Maybe if it was a 19 as the liner is in the way, but 18s the floors were low enough that it shouldnt be an issue. Maybe their tech cant get into that area though. It just depends on the guy doing the work.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                        I would say that is inaccurate. Maybe if it was a 19 as the liner is in the way, but 18s the floors were low enough that it shouldnt be an issue. Maybe their tech cant get into that area though. It just depends on the guy doing the work.
                        Good to know, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X