Harmonic vibration at speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harmonic vibration at speed

Just took my new to me 2006 24V out for a test run. Boat ran great in at all speeds steering felt good. The only thing that seemed odd to me was a strange “harmonic vibration “ above about 25. We had the wind dam in so the interior of the boat was very quiet. There wasn’t really any vibration you could feel, just kind of hear, like gears whining. Checked the vdrive and trans both had good fluid. Is this somewhat normal! I currently have the 537 prop while I wait for the upgrade to arrive. Is this normal for the 24V?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 06 20v had what sounds like the same sound. I never had an issue with it just had a high pitched wine. It really was noticeable when I had my FAE pipe on.

Comment

Originally posted by wired1236 View Post
      My 06 20v had what sounds like the same sound. I never had an issue with it just had a high pitched wine. It really was noticeable when I had my FAE pipe on.

Thanks for the response. I’ll put the new prop on and see if the noise is still there. We plan on spending most of the time at 12mph or under anyway [emoji305]

Comment

Working...
      X