ANYONE DOING MODS TO THEIR BOATS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANYONE DOING MODS TO THEIR BOATS

Anyone doing any mods to their boats this spring in anticipation of summer? Or did anyone do anything over the winter? I have half my upholstery out getting redone, cover sent off getting some repairs done to it. Ill be installing RBG interior LED lights and wiring the RBG lights in the tower speakers, I am installing underwater lights on the transom and plumbing in my front bag lots to do to get ready for summer!!!!!!

I'm building new surf tabs, installing a heater, and probably getting the above water transom lights from Liquid Lumens.

Comment

I am adding another pair of Rev 8's or maybe Rev 10's. Exchanging my Wet Sounds 10" sub for a 12". Currently I have a heater system with two ducts, one defrost the other for passengers. I am adding a third under the helm, along with attaching curtain to enclose from the waist down. I know you southern folks don't understand, but ice is off the lake and water temp is 46 degrees, hitting the wakeboard on Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by Brianrzr View Post
        I am adding another pair of Rev 8's or maybe Rev 10's. Exchanging my Wet Sounds 10" sub for a 12". Currently I have a heater system with two ducts, one defrost the other for passengers. I am adding a third under the helm, along with attaching curtain to enclose from the waist down. I know you southern folks don't understand, but ice is off the lake and water temp is 46 degrees, hitting the wakeboard on Sunday!
        Brian- are you talking about a curtain between the windshield? Please share your plans as i would love to close that off on my 2015

Comment

-Got my Ultradeck order in (think Seadek/Gator Step) but haven't put it down yet.
          -Installed a flapper in my FAE.
          -Need to make some sewing repairs to my bimini.
          -Added a battery tender.
          -Have a leak in my bow sac plumbing I need to try and find.
          -Build a new sub box for under the helm.

Comment

New R23

Full new stereo, 12" WS sub w/ box under the helm, Rev 8's and 10's on the tower with light rings, all new WS Amps, upgrade to Rev 6 inboats, etc. all with RGB lights
            Added under H2O transom lights.
            Added in the Navionics Map program
            Added tower LED lights pointing at the floor for more mood lighting
            Adding on board charger\
            Adding two house batteries (just came with one dual purpose)
            Adding ACR battery combiner
            Adding phone holder on the helm
            Installed the taps actuator relocation update from Tige

So na, nothing at all! (Ha!) I've been working on it for several weeks but can only really get to it on weekends which have been tough. I'm about 1/2 way done but starting to see the end of the tunnel...

And have to shout out to Justin- all of this would have been much harder w/o his help!

Comment

This thread should be 3 pages worth. I know for a fact, there is a lot of ballast work and some stereo work going on right now and in the near future.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I am loving this thread but I think there is a caveat. Pics or it didnt happen

Comment

I am talking about a curtain that attaches around the underside of the helm, extending back to the seat. The idea is to trap the warm air, keeping my legs warm. Sweatshirts and jackets work fine above the waist. I think it will make a dramatic difference on these 40-50 degree mornings. I think kayakers have something similar they call skirts, that keep the water out. I am just waiting on warmer temps so I don't damage the upholstery.

Comment

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...t-build-thread!

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                      I am loving this thread but I think there is a caveat. Pics or it didnt happen
                      ...oh it's happening!

IMG_2859.jpg

Cut out helm...this was a more scary than the holes in the hull. Kool sent me pics of the wall before they mated the bottom of the boat on so that helped.

2019-03-16 13.21.24.jpg

Comment

Nice work Wired. Glad you got your Taps retro DIY'd. You must have some bright azz lights in your shop. I know you posted it somewhere before, but what brand are the underwaters?? Im curious to see some pics of them in the water as well.

Comment

Looks brighter than it really is but ya, got it done. Not that big of a deal. I may have to get some more slack on the actuator cables as they seem a little tight after the move.

As far as the lights, I went with the Dagon V2 (https://www.boatpluglight.com/collec...-transom-mount). Got a decent discount on them on black Friday.
                          I'm just as curious as you to see them in the water. I've seen pics on other forums with the 5150 (Van-Halen) version of these and they were damn bright. We'll see. They look and feel like quality lights so hopefully they live up to my expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by wired1236 View Post
                            I may have to get some more slack on the actuator cables as they seem a little tight after the move.
                            Just loosen the three screw on the donut a bit and give the wires a gentle pull and you should get some slack. No need to remove them. Theres just a V/cone shaped piece of rubber to seal at the transom that needs some tension relieved and the cable comes right out most the time.

Comment

Oh cool. Was going to try that. Just ran out of time. Sweet! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X