BLOWER NOT WORKING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLOWER NOT WORKING

All, I have an 11' RZ4 and my blower has stopped working. Checked all the fuses and nothing blown. Doesnt work with button on screen or under the dash. Any idea where the blower is mounted and what size it is? Assuming I need to replace the actual blower. I have a PCM 343. Thanks in advance for the help!

Originally posted by DJ_KC_RZ4 View Post
    All, I have an 11' RZ4 and my blower has stopped working. Checked all the fuses and nothing blown. Doesnt work with button on screen or under the dash. Any idea where the blower is mounted and what size it is? Assuming I need to replace the actual blower. I have a PCM 343. Thanks in advance for the help!

Blower is in rear stbd locker behind the little removable panel mounted to the transom. 4" blower.

Under your steering wheel is a panel, remove it. Then theres a big long black box, remove its cover. Find the fuse labled blower and move over to the blank slot next to it. Assuming that fuse is good blower should come on. If it doesnt there were some years that had an extra inline fuse buried under the helm. Believe its a yellow wire(look at the wire color coming from that fuse slot tap on the black box, that wire runs all the way back to the blower).

If you reach up and into the blower and turn the fan it can tell you a lot. If its seized when you go to turn in blowers bad and it most likely blew the fuse too. If its stick but you free it up, then it probably blew the fuse. If it turns easy you might have a connection or voltage/ground issue.

Good luck

Comment

Thanks freeheel4life! So I had already checked the fuse in the panel, but I had not moved it into the blank spot. I will try that. Also, i looked through all of the fuses under the dash and all look fine. Curious to try and turn the blower. I will check it out as you instructed. I appreciate the help!

Comment

Working...
      X