Trim tabs on the RZX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trim tabs on the RZX

Has anyone had problems with the tab itself? I went to replace my trim tab motor because the trim tab was not moving thinking it was the actuator that had water in it. But it was the tab that was stuck in the up position. The trim tab actuator or motor actually ran but the gears inside were stripped due to the tab being stuck. The boat is at the dealership now getting the tab replaced. I've seen threads talking bout new trim tabs out on the market that produce a better wave and I hope are stronger. Is there Anybody that has replaced their trim tabs on a RZX with these tabs and are they pleased with the results?

Are you referring to the center TAPS-3 hinge or the outer TAPS-3 hinges? Odd for a hinge to freeze up unless it sustained a hit or put in a bind during installation.

I know Surf406 ( think I got his new handle correct) did make some new TAPS-2 plates for some boats, but dont know about for a TAPS-3 boat.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I think there were some taps 3 tabs that were having an issue caming over and getting stuck, but this was on the newer boats. Didn't they just add a block of some sort to prevent overtravel?

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
        I think there were some taps 3 tabs that were having an issue caming over and getting stuck, but this was on the newer boats. Didn't they just add a block of some sort to prevent overtravel?
        This was on the smaller boats where the actuators were layed back and out over the tab and attached to the swimstep. The Rzx depending on year (16- part of 17) was attached somewhat vertically to the transom. This shouldnt have been able to induce an over travel situation like the smaller boats. I would pull the plate off and cycle it and check to see if the plate is bound at the hinge in a certain spot. If it is you know your problem, if not keep looking. Some actuators just had bad seals, they were terrible and it was a massive problem for a year.
        Germaine Marine
        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Working...
        X