Pop Yachts review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop Yachts review

What's up fam? I am looking at a boat on popyacts. I've never gone the broker route, I've always handed over cash, and the product is handed to me. I'm just leery of the process of a deposit and escrow when I haven't put hands on the boat. Have any of you used them as either a buyer or seller?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I am not sure I would buy any used boat without putting hands on it first. Maybe you mean that they want a deposit before you can even be connected with the seller? That way, they will keep your deposit when you strike a better deal when you meet the guy face to face.
    Be excellent to one another.

Comment

^ This. Popyachts does nothing more than what a seller is already doing, only they jack the price WAY up. There must be an ad out there somewhere by the owner. That's pretty much the only way Popyachts finds them. Find the owners add and save yourself some money.

Comment

There's a similar post on WW and most say to stay away. When I was selling my previous boat popyachts would send you email after email. They are really annoying and as mentioned above they only get on to your by the ads that you already have out there.

Comment

As a seller, id likely never use them, as they sales staff seems to be a bunch scumbag @$$hole vultures.

As a buyer, I would want to know whats in it for me, to put down a deposit. When a buyer puts a deposit down, they are stating "ill follow through the sale, as long as the "blank" is found to be what its represented to be in the add". If you get out there are find the advertised engine hours are from the gauge, not the ECM. find its got a poor interior or had some substantial gel repairs, etc. Then you should be entitled to a refund of the deposit. However, if you end up not liking the color, or the stereo is crap, or it rides rough or the surf wave sucks, then no, you dont get your deposit back.

The issue is, some of this is subjective. How much fighting are you going to have to do, to get that deposit back, if the deal falls through. My gut says popyachts is going to hold any fish on the hook, and not refund a deposit. That kept deposit from perspective buyer A = more commission once they finally sell it to buyer B.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

They are complete SCUM!!! Stay AWAY!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I have scoured the web looking for this particular boat and/or one like it. But I also don't feel right about the process.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

tigeDJ, if you haven't contacted pop yachts yet I would try to find the actual seller and save yourself some coin.

Comment

Working...
                X