99 tige 2100v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

99 tige 2100v

Hi guys , new here . So I’m in New Zealand and just imported a 99 tige 2100v . Nice boat but they claim to have 320hp , my old boat being Tahoe q4 190hp I was looking forward to the tige, but after it’s first use , I’m disappointed, I was expecting a lot . Still a nice boat and smooth on power but didn’t give me the wow factor.
    My question is : is there any way to wake motor up , I understand these motors are all around the world , so will be detuned/ restricted to keep safe.
    Any info greatly appreciated

What engine is it specifically? What prop dia and pitch? Is the v-drive ratio 1: or 1:46?

These boats are not built for speed, but more for pulling.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The Tige is going to weigh a lot more than that Tahoe. Totally different beast. Everything chpthril asked is step one for setting one up. Once the motor and drive are confirmed and are in proper working order, the correct prop will make the most difference of any basic upgrade short of a new motor and/or drive and should give you pretty decent performance. What kind of performance are getting out of it? MPH? RPM @ WOT?
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I had a 98 2200V. Probably same motor. New prop does wonders. If you are at altitude, I think you are going to need an 11 pitch prop. If you are at sea level, you can use a 12 pitch prop. Mine worked great in Seattle, was a total dog on a trip to bear lake, worked great again in Louisana and then was a dog again in Colorado. Re-propped it and life was good. In the end, it is still only a 320 (**MAX**) HP motor though.

Anywho...prop is best way to wake it up IMO

Comment

What are you looking for when you describe the "wow factor"?

Comment

Working...
          X