Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Z1

Good day!

I am new to the forums so apologize if this is redundant.

I have a line on a used 2018 Z1...beautiful boat...I started looking at R23/Z3s and found this Z1.

knowing it's a smaller boat, is there a dramatic difference in wave size? I am a beginner-ish surfer so am not seeking a pro-sized wave...but want something with enough push to play around.

I have young kids (6+9) who are just getting into skiing/zup/wake boarding, so there is a current advantage for me with to run a smaller boat.

Thanks for any advice/experience.

I would think with family and your friends and their friends and advancing in riding I’d do a minimal 23’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    71 Cut Supreme, 70 3 Door Suburban, 08 Tahoe LTZ, 12 F21 Surf Machine!
    http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii11/onetogofast/IMG_4360.jpg

Comment

The performance will be the same with the z1/r21 being a little easier to sink. I think wave for wave Z1 vs z3 is nickels apart. the z1 rips. Its more about interior room. If you need size then go big, if you dont stay small. Wave though will be nearly identical.
      Germaine Marine
      "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Thanks for the help.

I agree more room in the boat is better overall, but these boats are massive compared to the 18-19 footers I grew up with!

Comment

Hmmmm looking for an R23 eh??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Hello,

I own a 2018 Z1 that we really like... The wave is good, you can either lean the boat or you can use the tabs to lean/crab the boat for the wave. I have decided to upgrade the Port side bag this year to increase the wave size to the next level. For the kids, the stock wave is great. I also could surf all around the lake no problem. Now I am ready to see what things I can do on a bigger wave. If I remember, I will post an update once I get the boat back on the lake.

NG572

Comment

Awesome!

I appreciate the feedback.

This surfing business sure makes boating expensive!

Comment

Working...
              X