Property Taxes: 2017 RZX2 Resale Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That time of year to battle with the Tax Man (or woman in my case). Not looking to sell my boat, but there's very little Boat Trader data to back up my claims that our 2017 RZX2 is less than $100K. NADA has the "average" around $114K" with trailer and the low at $109K. I am sure trade in value is low $90K. My county assessor is using the average NADA number for our assessment.

Can anyone advise what the likely resale value for a 2017 RZX2 is with about 50 hours.
    Raptor 440
    1.5:1 Transmission
    2 Axle Boatmate trailer
    All other standard Tige trim and features for this year and model
    We added FAE thru hull

Any data would be appreciated or links to other 2017 RZX2s for sale is appreciated. Trying to avoid having to pay vessel property taxes again.

2 2018 and 1 2017 for less than 100k

https://www.onlyinboards.com/Used-sk...me=6&Model=419

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bamer; 03-19-2019, 05:28 PM.

Comment

I just sold my 2017 RZX2 with all options and a 440 in it with a complete custom boatmate trailer rolling on 18s and I had 350 hrs on it and it sold for $110,000 no questions asked
      surf till u die.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf406 View Post
        I just sold my 2017 RZX2 with all options and a 440 in it with a complete custom boatmate trailer rolling on 18s and I had 350 hrs on it and it sold for $110,000 no questions asked
        And, well, that is a great selling price. Good on ya!

Last edited by dakota4ce; 03-19-2019, 06:12 PM.
        Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Originally posted by Surf406 View Post
          Congrats on the sale. Your new ZX5 already delivered or is it inbound to the boys at MBC??

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post
            2 2018 and 1 2017 for less than 100k

https://www.onlyinboards.com/Used-sk...me=6&Model=419

Thanks for the link. This helps.

Comment

Ordered but not delivered yet
              surf till u die.

Comment

Get a P.O. box in oklahoma or LLC in montana and be done with your BS state taxes! Those 2 state have no issue taking your money and will be tons less guaranteed. Think oklahoma around 3% tax on original purchase or so and minimal property tax. Kansas rips ppl off also and the sobs won't even let us title the boat in our state. But by all means they state we show ownership of it by having it their county and are more then willing to take money from us here!!

Perhaps show it being stored out of state for the required amount of time. OR even show as a used purchase from a person not a dealer! Many legal ways around these state BS luxury item taxes as there are plenty of honest states who will gladly take your money for them! Sorry Rant Over!!

Comment

it's not that easy everywhere.

I have had po boxes for 15 years and have moved states several times. po box cannot be rented without being "in person" to sign agreement. you can get a box at a fedex store or something like that but actual po box is not easy to get out of state anymore.
                  since op is in cali, nevada is not far away but you cannot register it here without a physical dnr inspection and address in the state. oregon I would bet is similar.

bottom line if you want to own toys be prepared to pay. fudging on the initial purchase is something I think a majority of people have done but the actual registration after that is another story....
                  2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                  2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

No property tax on boats in Arizona. You can register it in Arizona as being an out of state person. I do not know what your tax is on the boat but in 2014 I paid about 245 to register my Essex in Arizona when I still lived in Calif. Now that I live in Arizona its 35 per year. The 2005 Tige is Also registered in Arizona.

Comment

Don't forget, most states have a maximum amount of days that you can use it in one state while being licensed/registered in another state. I wanted to get my boat set up at my brothers house in AZ, but after 3 months in Utah they would have got me and make me get it out of the state or move the registration here. Each time I put my boat in the water at lakes here they record my HIN as I go in the parks.

Comment

I don't mind paying my taxes when due. I choose to live in CA and I choose to have expensive toys, but I am also not about to pay more than I have to since I already pay enough.

Thanks for all the responses to my initial post. Hopefully the assessor will revise costs down to what is realistic and I will avoid having to pay another year of property tax.

Certainly many ways one could go about circumnavigating taxes if you have the time and are determined.

@Surf406 I'll ping you when it's time to sell ours for pointers

Comment

Owning a boat goes on as part of your property taxes!? weird!! Up here in moose and igloo country you just put a separate insurance policy on the boat itself.

Comment

Our crazy insurance prices make up for it BCRider it’s crazy how expensive it is for a summer toy.

Comment

I am as shocked as the other Canadians that you pay property tax on a boat. I just give away half of all my money to the government, and in turn they let me buy a boat with half-value dollars and insure it to sit in the snow 10 months of the year.

Comment

Working...
                              X