Need help looking to buy my first Tige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help looking to buy my first Tige

OK be gentle. I’m looking to buy my first wakeboard boatIve been doing a lot of research between Tige, Mastercraft and Nautique.Looking to spend around 40 K. Just sold my 220 ssi chaparral to upgrade to a wakeboard and surf style boat. Kids are a boy 16 and a girl 10.We wakeboard knee board and tube Plus the long ride on the boat any recommendations on model and years? Rz2,rz4,24v, 24ve,22v22ve!Thanks!!We boat on table rock and lake of the ozarks plus travel.
    Last edited by haag4; 02-27-2019, 02:22 PM.

Originally posted by haag4 View Post
    OK be gentle. I’m looking to buy my first i/o.Ive been doing a lot of research between Tige, Mastercraft and Nautique.Looking to spend around 40 K. Just sold my 220 ssi chaparral to upgrade to a wakeboard and surf style boat. Kids are a boy 16 and a girl 10.We wakeboard knee board and tube Plus the long ride on the boat any recommendations on model and years? Rz2,rz4,24v, 24ve,22v22ve!Thanks!!
    I'm sure you will get a lot of detailed, technical advice, but here is my opinion. I have 3 kids, 13, 11, and 7 and have a 2005 Tige' 22i. We all wakeboard, surf, and tube and there is plenty of space. If I could do it again, I'd get a 22v to add some walking space. I looked at Tige', moomba, mastercraft, and nautique but found I could get everything I needed for a better price in Tige'. I don't have all the bells and whistles that the other brands have, but I have enough to make the boat enjoyable. My opinion is that Tige' provides the best bang for your buck.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Need help looking to buy my first i/o
      Rz2,rz4,24v, 24ve,22v22ve!
      I/O stands for in-board/outboard, like the Chap you just sold. These boats you are now looking at, are in-board V-drives. QUITE different drive setup, compared to the Chap.

How was the space on that 220? A 22ft in-board is actually going to be a bigger boat. Your Chap included the molded-in swim platform in its LOA. In-boards typically do not, so the interiors are typically roomier.

I would say that a 22ft'ish v-drive would be a good fit for your crew and lake. All those Tige boats ride well, surf great, are comfortable, board good, can rec ski and pull tubes.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yes just realized I put I/O.Fixed it. The chap was good but a little tight.Would like to stay at 22ft thoughts between the Rz2 and 22VE

Comment

Both the RZ2 and the 22ve are excellent boats. I would say '07 and up on both of those models. 2010 was the first year with touch screens.
          Oh Yeah!

Comment

One of the big differences between the RZ2 and the 22Ve is up front. RZ2 has a picklefork and is roomy in the bow. 22Ve is has a more traditional bow. Just kind of depends on what you like really for looks. The picklefork does ride a little low if running lots of bow weight plus people. If you arent paying attention on turnarounds you can dip the nose and take some water onboard. Its not really an issue, just something to be aware of.

Comment

fwiw, my unicorn is a 2009 22ve. I'd settle for an rz2 but we really don't need nor like the looks of the picklefork.
              2009 has the alpha z tower which we like and still has gauges, not a touchscreen so less to go wrong.

in your price range of 40k you are probably looking pre'13 and betting you will get a newer boat if you look at ve vs rz. include the z1 in that as well.
              personally I'd steer clear of the 20ft boats. it'll feel about the same size as your chap but the added hull length/width of the 21-24ft boats will help as you dive more into surfing.

good luck in the hunt and of the 3 brands listed my opinion is tige will offer the best value for your used boat $$ and in the older hulls tige will surf better than mc/nautique.
              2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
              2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

I own a 2008 RZ2 that I purchased based on my friend's positive experience with a 2007 22VE. It was my first boat purchase ever, so he was a big help, as it was a big learning curve not having any experience with a V-drive. My wife is now an expert at loading it compared to me. I spent a lot of time dialing in the wake through experimentation, as I bought it the same year Ronix came out with the wake shaper. A lot of people are dead set on automated ballast, but quite frankly when I only spend 5-10 minutes setting up the boat, and end up leaving it that way all day, it's not much of an inconvenience. There always seems to be people that don't like the pickle fork design (I personally like it better than a V-nose), but it's definitely roomier than the 22Ve, and is a better handling boat, my friend agreed. I spent a fair amount of hours working bugs out the first year even though it had less than 200 hrs, I'd look for a boat that hasn't sat around to avoid that situation and be less concerned about hours. If I were in the market for a newer Tige' I'd definitely look for TAPS3 boat. The best thing about owning a used Tige' is there are so many good resources on this forum you can find an answer to any question you'll ever have.
                If I'm not surfing, I'm making money to surf.

Comment

Working...
                X