Bow Drainage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Drainage

Been meaning to ask this for while, and keep forgetting.

On my RZX, the compartments under the bow cushions, don’t have any drainage, is that the norm? Every time I take even minimal water over the bow, it fills them up. I keep a big super soaker in the boat to drain that area after a day in the water, then wipe the remaining water out with towels, it’s a huge pain in my ***. I can’t, for the life of me, figure why that wouldn’t drain into the bilge, and be gone. Which is why I question is there a reason, that I don’t know about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yup it kinda sucks. It’s more of an encouragement to not dunk the bow, but seriously are you finding yourself dunking it? I don’t recal doing it once, few other drivers have tho. For a proper solution we need to figure out what’s underneath and run a drain.
    http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...he-bow-storage

Comment

There should be two drain holes. One on each side of the brace. Its about 6" from the brace.
      20190226_083751.jpg
      Last edited by KoolAid; 02-26-2019, 02:50 PM.
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
        Yup it kinda sucks. It’s more of an encouragement to not dunk the bow, but seriously are you finding yourself dunking it? I don’t recal doing it once, few other drivers have tho. For a proper solution we need to figure out what’s underneath and run a drain.
        http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...he-bow-storage
        I’ve been on Tahoe in storms, huge lake, trying to get back, where I had no choice. I had a couple of rookie moves, when I first got the boat, when running a lot of weight, and other drivers have had rookie moves in my seat. Actually, not wanting to get that water out, is the thing that made me never want to smash a wave again!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
          There should be two drain holes. One on each side of the brace. Its about 6" from the brace.
          [ATTACH]50430[/ATTACH]
          Mine definitely doesn’t have those, but I’ve always said it should. I was hesitant, and my girl said “you aren’t drilling any holes in the boat!”, but if they should be there, I’ll drill it. I assumed since they aren’t there, maybe there was some sort of a reason I couldn’t see.

She’s in storage, for this never ending winter we’re having, or I’d send a pic.

Comment

Early RZX's didn't have them and they should have been retrofitted. When you get it out of storage let me know. I will have a set of plugs sent to you.
            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Early RZX's didn't have them and they should have been retrofitted. When you get it out of storage let me know. I will have a set of plugs sent to you.
              Appreciate that! I’ll probably pull it in about a month. What kind of plug? Just to clean up the hole, or something you can pul to drain those, or???

Comment

They the black plastic drain plugs. They go through the floor and the liner so it can drain into the bilge.
                Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Zackdogg View Post
                  I’ll probably pull it in about a month.
                  There’s some wishful thinking. Although, if you live in a flood plane, you might need the boat in order to get around town once all this snow melts. We’re already starting to put a 4th of July double header plan together. Squaw in the morning, Tahoe in the afternoon.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                    There’s some wishful thinking. Although, if you live in a flood plane, you might need the boat in order to get around town once all this snow melts. We’re already starting to put a 4th of July double header plan together. Squaw in the morning, Tahoe in the afternoon.
                    True story brotha!! We hit Bullards, mid April last year, and are keeping our fingers crossed to be on a lake, by May, this year. I have some transom lights to install, and a light bar to figure out, so I’ll pull it a few weeks before our first trip.

Plus I need some wishful thinking, this winter is killing me, although it’s gonna make for a killer boat season!!!

I work at tahoe on the 4th, so we’ll plan on being on the lake, again that afternoon, although last year, the wind was brutal!! I’ll stay in touch with you, planning to stay as much of our big 10 day group trip at Lahontan, mid June, as possible.

Comment

They the black plastic drain plugs. They go through the floor and the liner so it can drain into the bilge.
                      Hey Justin, hope all is well!

Any chance I can get those plugs sent to me? I’m out of storage, on the water, and hate bailing the front of that thing out!!

Thank you!!

Comment

In my Z1, the cooler is designed to drain straight in to the passenger locker. Tige has never been good with drainage from the front. I always used to wonder why my jackets were always soaked.... then I learned.

Comment

I’m glad I finally asked! I’ve been bailing this thing out with a super soaker the whole time. I finally lost my super soaker and had to do it with a Wendy’s cup, this time.

Comment

Working...
                          X