taps plate recall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taps plate recall?

so dlr mentioned something to me today said tige had a recall on the taps plates (im in an 18 R23) to put less pressure on the rams. He specifically said plates, not actuators.

which left me wondering what is changing...size, shape, travel, some combination thereof? how will this affect wave? love my wave and hope i don't have to "redial"

anyone have details on this?

tia

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Has to do with the relocation of the top mount of the actuator and not the plate.

Comment

Lee,

Did they officially recall for all boats? Mine is a 2017 and has the mounts still on the swim platform (old mount location right?).....last I heard it was only for a handful of boats but if they did it for all that would be great...

Comment

2018 to early 2019 model years are effected. Its move of an update than a recall.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

thanks for the info. i assume it'll make a difference on which taps (surf) setting to use.

Comment

Originally posted by cnote View Post
            thanks for the info. i assume it'll make a difference on which taps (surf) setting to use.

It may make it a number or two off but that would be about it. Reduces the stress on the lenco actuators.
            Oh Yeah!

Comment

I just got the same notice from my dealer too....2018 R23. Mine are on the way. As Koolaid said, it’s the actuator mounts. Glad we are being watched our for!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wired1236 View Post
                I just got the same notice from my dealer too....2018 R23. Mine are on the way. As Koolaid said, it’s the actuator mounts. Glad we are being watched our for!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Are they using the same holes in the hull or drilling new ones/filling old ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post
                  Are they using the same holes in the hull or drilling new ones/filling old ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Old holes on the plates and new holes on the transom for the actuators. There is a beauty plate that covers the old holes that mounts behind the new actuator mount and its new holes.
                  Oh Yeah!

Comment

Hmmm... KoolAid, I own an early 2018 Z1 that has the actuators mounted to the platform. I have not received anything from the dealership yet, is this covered under warranty?

Thanks...
                    NG572

Comment

Depends on the hull number.

Comment

Working...
                      X