Considering a ZX1 - questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering a ZX1 - questions

Hi All! I'm looking to officially be a part of this tigeowners community as an actual owner later this spring. I'm in the market and have been looking at 2019 ZX1's. Seems to be the best current model that would align with what I'm looking for in a style of boat, as well as something that will fit in my 3rd stall in the garage. When my wife and I built our house 4 years ago I added a larger than normal 3rd stall to accommodate a boat up to 27' long from end to end with trailer because we're in a neighborhood where we can't leave boats parked on the drive.. I have a couple quick questions that I haven't really been able to find an answer to through search yet.

1) What would be the closest equivalent to the ZX1 in a 2018 or 2017 model? From what I can tell, the ZX1 appears to be new to the lineup. How much better is the 2019 ZX1 in overall features, finish, etc comparatively to its 2017/2018 counterparts? I'm not trying to make this conversation about depreciation in the 1st year or anything.. just want to keep an objective approach on what previous models provide so I can consider that route if I could find a low hours model.

2) Does anyone have any thoughts about how much room for negotiation on price is available when making the deal? I've seen that the "base" price on the tige website is $129,846.. I've seen ZX1's listed ranging anywhere from $118K to $155K+ on places like boattrader and dealer sites. Some on the lower end of the pricing spectrum claim "fully loaded" with alternate features, etc. I've also seen in other forums as general statements that sticker prices are 20%-30% markup from dealer cost, which gives a lot of room for negotiation.. is this true for tige as well? Anyone willing to give a relatively objective answer on this one? Hell, I'll drive for a better deal, but if I can negotiate to a better deal with a local dealer I'd prefer that route. I'm assuming there is a certain degree of flexibility. I've been talking with a dealer already with regards to boat preference, but haven't really gotten into a strong discussion around pricing yet.

Sorry to make my first post here contain a pricing question, but I figure what better group to ask!

Thanks!
Working...
X