2017 RZX3 575 Supercharged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 RZX3 575 Supercharged

I took my boat to my dealer 2 weeks ago for my 25 hour service and I had some exhaust sludge that was accumulating near the rear flapper. Well she called me back and told me that my boat had gotten hot and that was actually melted material from the risers/manifolds.She said it was a known problem with the 2016 but wasn’t sure what was going on with mine. I never noticed any power loss or other run issues.

She also said that my taps actuators had water entry. But I’m not that concerned with that as she acted like it was pretty common.

Does anyone have any further info on the topic of exhaust problems and I assume any problems like this are under warranty. Thanks guys. I appreciate this group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that the exhaust manifolds and co2 sensors were an issue and it all should be covered if you are the original purchaser
    surf till u die.

Comment

Also as far as the lendco actuators same thing some had issues others didn’t should be covered
      surf till u die.

Comment

Originally posted by Surf406 View Post
        I know that the exhaust manifolds and co2 sensors were an issue and it all should be covered if you are the original purchaser
        Issues regarding the o2's and water getting into the manifolds. Nothing to do with heat. Either way its warranty issue.
        Germaine Marine
        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by Surf406 View Post
          Also as far as the lendco actuators same thing some had issues others didn’t should be covered
          Will be covered for sure. Tige recalled all boats within the year to replace the actuators working or not. You are good to go.
          Germaine Marine
          "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by duanehortman View Post
            Well she called me back and told me that my boat had gotten hot and that was actually melted material from the risers/manifolds.She said it was a known problem with the 2016 but wasn’t sure what was going on with mine.
            What?? The flapper area only melts when people start them up out of the water or if the impeller goes bad which causes a lot of other things to overheat. Don't get me wrong, i'm assuming that the flapper area was in pretty bad shape.
            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
              What?? The flapper area only melts when people start them up out of the water or if the impeller goes bad which causes a lot of other things to overheat. Don't get me wrong, i'm assuming that the flapper area was in pretty bad shape.
              The flapper area is fine it just had a exhaust sludge built up when you open flapper. I have been around boat engines all my life and have never heard of such. Just asking you guys. When you touch it, it was still slushy. I figured melted rubber and plastic would harden again once cooled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's odd. I will have to ask around about that one. I know the supercharged is a different animal.
                Oh Yeah!

Comment

Exhaust sludge? Is this solidified motlen rubber/plastic or a substance of improper A/F ratio and/or combustion?
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                    Exhaust sludge? Is this solidified motlen rubber/plastic or a substance of improper A/F ratio and/or combustion?
                    A lot of times when the cat bricks come apart it looks like a fine white sand. It will accumulate at the lowpoint in the exhaust, and then once it gets wet it could be descibed as a "sludge". Thats just my best guess. This one kinda has it going on. Tou can see where I wiped my finger thru it
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X