Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24Ve Surf setup advice

Hey All,

To the wake gurus around these parts and I hoping you can help me out. Here's my situation:

Next weekend I'm going to go look at a super clean meticulously maintained '07 24ve. The boat has the 360 engine, 208 hours, the evo (centurion) tower and the stock tige ballast system. He's asking $44k but will go to $40k

We're a family with kids (15 & 13) and mainly go out with other families for mellow fun. We are trading up form a 17' I/O that has been a gem as the kids grew up but we're getting into more boardsports now. We are not looking for a tournament mega extreme surf wave. We'd just like to set the boat up so we can surf both sides and have fun. That being said, I don't want a marginal mushball that barely pushes but we also don't need the absolute best competition wave with the boat listed to within an inch of it's life. Most of us are regular and one of us rides goofy so ideally we'd have wave on both sides but definitely favoring the port side if we had to. Im hoping not to have to dump a bunch of money into getting it set up. I'd rather not tear into the boat so a piggyback system would be preferred and I don't want sacks on seats or floors. In the lockers only. I was leaning towards the biggest piggyback sacks I could find plus a Mega wakesurf Edge shaper. What do you think? thanks for any thoughts!

An 07 Ve boat with factory ballast.............dont get too attached to that "piggyback" thing We have a sac that will fit the locker with the factory ballast left intact, but tying into the factory plumbing with a surf sac, is less then ideal from a functional standpoint. Best to give it its own plumbing or fill/drain with a toss over the side pump.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have an 06 24ve and you can easily set up a great surf wave on either side. Like stated above get rid of and factory sacs and get some custom sacs or the Enzo sacs. The master of setup chpthril has everything you need to create a great surf wake.

The 24ve is a great boat, has a great surf wake and great wakeboarding wake.

Comment

Was the tige you looked at on lake nacimento? I think thats the one i bought! Blk n white?

Comment

Thanks for sharing this information with us.
          AV service not responding error
          It means possessing both a sound and a visual component, such as slide-tape presentations, films, television programs, corporate conferencing, church services and live theater productions.

Comment

Working...
          X