No announcement yet.

Looking for input on the Tige R23 vs the competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me or do others agree that there is a preseption of sissyness with bimini tops? In this case it’s, “for the wife”. You can absolutely sure if it’s above 80 the Bimini is providing ME shade. Ok. Maybe I am a sissy. It no sunburn and no cancer for me.

Plus I need the two extra spots for board storage.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
      Is it just me or do others agree that there is a preseption of sissyness with bimini tops? In this case it’s, “for the wife”. You can absolutely sure if it’s above 80 the Bimini is providing ME shade. Ok. Maybe I am a sissy. It no sunburn and no cancer for me.

Plus I need the two extra spots for board storage.
      July-August in Texas at 100-105 I take my Bimini every time. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don’t get me wrong, I too, appreciate the Bimini. But it was literally the only option that “the wife” was dead set on. In fact, I was kind of wondering if there is a hard top Bimini that someone makes. I think that would be kinda cool.

Comment

Z5sportracks makes some but they have never had one for Tige. Not sure why. Could be a licensing thing or warranty thing with the tower vendors. Just speculating. Ive seen a couple on Skiers Choice boats and they are pretty sweet. I have never looked into pricing, but hear that they are expensive. So right up there with most aftermarket boat ad ons

They arent really a "hardtop" as much as they are a permanently affixed bimini/storage rack that doesnt have to be folded for traveling on the trailer.
          Last edited by freeheel4life; 02-22-2019, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Honestly, I think one of the perks of a boat with a tower is the Bimini looks like it's supposed to be there. Our boats without towers look kinda dumb when the bimini is up as it messes the lines of the boat up... That being said: I second that the bimini is a must in Texas, and that 80k is a smoking deal for a 23ft wake boat with upgraded motor these days...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

As someone else stated: The two extra board storage spaces are a super bonus of having the bimini up.

Comment

the bimini stays up 100% of the time. Shade and board storage. i won't even think about putting a nice surfboard in the racks. it's in the bow or on top. and agree with others on choosing tige for the flexibility mentioned. A huge part of why i went that way. And the dealer is great. Tige ftw.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you are doing yourself a dis-service is you do not check out and test drive the following boats in the same or lower price range as the R23:
                  1. Moomba Max: a bit ugly but great value, great surf wave that will be easy to setup and stay consistent with Autowake
                  2. Supreme zs 232: Looks great, Groundbreaking new Opti V surf hull that Centurion uses
                  3. MB B52-23, or Tomcat F22 or F24: Easy wave setup out of the box

BTW, I own a Tige, but am having a hard time seeing the hull technology advantage and unique selling proposition they once had?
                  Last edited by ajward; 02-23-2019, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ajward View Post
                    I think you are doing yourself a dis-service is you do not check out and test drive the following boats in the same or lower price range as the R23:
                    1. Moomba Max: a bit ugly but great value, great surf wave that will be easy to setup and stay consistent with Autowake
                    2. Supreme zs 232: Looks great, Groundbreaking new Opti V surf hull that Centurion uses
                    3. MB B52-23, or Tomcat F22 or F24: Easy wave setup out of the box

BTW, I own a Tige, but am having a hard time seeing the hull technology advantage and unique selling proposition they once had?
                    FWIW, when i was looking at new boats last year and ended up going with tige, build quality and features of the other manufacturers "value" lines vs Tige didn't compare favorably. A Tige R is the same build quality and process as a ZX tige; supreme vs centurion or moomba vs supra or axis vs malibu... not so much. Things like hull quality and durability, manufacturing process, vinyl quality, fit and finish, and, yes, aesthetics, all seemed to favor Tige. Certainly some of that is subjective. But not all.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for your input. Unfortunately, there are no MB or Supreme dealers in my area. But there is a local Moomba dealer, so I visited him yesterday. He did not have a Max in stock, but had a 2019 Craz available. Nice boat, good color combination, but it had a lot of options thrown in that I really don’t need, or want to pay for..... The Craz is a foot shorter than the R23, so that’s a drawback right off the bat. Fit and quality seemed ok to me, but some materials used appeared a little cheap. The dash is a black plastic material that seems thin and a bit flimsy. The dealer was not sure if I could order a boat to the specs I want, (which is probably a half lie) he’d rather sell the one he had in stock. And his bottom line on that boat was $5-6k more than the Tige R23 that I can order to the exact specs that I want. I don’t know what the wake is like comparatively. I have a Tige and I know what it can do. I have no experience with a Moomba wake, so I have no concept of whether it has a better or worse wake than the Tige. Unfortunately, I cannot go test drive either boat at the moment as there is a foot of ice on the lakes around here. So I’m more comfortable sticking with a Tige. I think the only way other brands make sense to me would be if they were priced significantly less. And that’s not the case around here at least.

Comment

The craz throws a great wave when weighted properly. It also has autowake. The fit and finish is also good as moomba is using the Supra vinyl from 2017. Everything has been stepped up on moomba This year. But you said you already have a tige so that should weigh into your decision. You know what your getting. Nothing wrong with the r23. I looked at them as well just not much dealer support in the area so I was hesitant. But I will say moomba and Supra (skiers choice) is really stepping it up. IMO the best of the value line brands.

Comment

r23 and craz take the r23 every day. that hull is a proven surf hull from the z3 lineage. I spent a full day on the fox river with a guy that had a craz and never did get a decent wave out of it. granted he needed more weight in the arse end. call it a personal preference but I have spent time on mojo's, mondo's and craz over the last 5 years and am not a fan at all of their drivers seat. they have always felt low and the mounting doesn't feel solid to me.
                          the craz when it was released was supposed to be moomba's surf boat. it's since been shadowed by the max. mojo has not been known for its surf wake but a stellar wakeboard wake. mondo can throw a decent surf wave for a 20ft'er but if your shopping 23ft boats the mondo will disappoint quickly if your used to a larger boats wave.

that said moomba, supreme and mb are all very good "value" brands and all would make a good boat but if given a choice, tige all day long if $$ are equal as you indicate. and I say that without a dealer within 250 miles of me.
                          Last edited by sandm; 02-24-2019, 02:23 PM.
                          2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                          2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Working...
                          X