07 24ve vs 2012 MB B52 23. Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, in my continued search for a wakesurf boat I have two candidates right now. One is an 07 24ve with 200 hours in great shape with the 360 engine & factory ballast. The other boat I’m considering is a 2012 MB B52 23’ wide body with 300 hours, very well kept. The price is within 4K of each other with the MB being slightly more expensive (40k for the 24ve vs 44k for the MB). All things being equal as far as condition, anyone have any experience with both of these boats? The MB being 5 years newer is compelling but I want to make sure I’m getting the better boat not necessarily the newer boat. The surf wave is very important and since I might have to add ballast anyway I’m wondering how they compare stock to stock. Any thoughts or advice appreciated. Thx

Both of these boats aren’t really surfers right out of the box. It’s going to take some work, unless someone has already done it. If you’re ok with spending $44k, I’d look hard at the Tige knowing you could put GSA on it and turn it into a really good surf boat.
    Besides the surf wave you need to decide what boat is more comfortable for your family/friends. Only a water test will determine that. That can be hard to do right now.

Comment

The MB will need an additional 1000 in the surf side locker, for a good listed wave. This RV water gates are notorious for failing. I think that generation tower has been known to crack. Other then that, the MB is a decent boat. The seating in the MB is a little shallower then the Tige, due to the sub-floor ballast tanks. The Tige rides a little better IMO.

The 07 Tige stock ballast is actually a negative for surfing, its a non-starter IMO. So you will be adding/gutting and rebuilding from the start. With the right ballast, its listed wave is killer.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

with chp on the seating, if you have not ridden in an mb they are odd feeling since you are so high above the floor. very susceptible to placement of passengers with the higher center of gravity. we almost bought a 21tomkat in '12 new and ended up in a tige 22ve instead. heard and cousin has seen a gate fail firsthand. funny to watch load with full ballast. saw the vid and it was quite funny. you can open manually and put the boat on plane to empty but it takes some practice. the interiors in that year mb have had a lot of issues and not known to be the best quality. you will see a lot of early 2010's with replaced interiors or those that need it. sounds like this one is in good shape but know that's a fault.

I've surfed a 24ve and the wave was very good with even ballast and a suckgate. it's a large boat and with only 3 on it that day felt like a floating living room. really needs a large crew.

if dealer would have made it happen we would have been in the mb and it was a nice boat. lots of happy owners. I don't think you can go wrong with either. the older tech of the tige would be a plus in my book. easier to fix.
        2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
        2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

If you are a DIY guy, the MB will be fantastic with fake surf gates (goose slappers they call ‘em). Quite cost effective and work very well.

I would say ride quality would slightly favor the MB for the transom deadrise....but they’re both going to be good.

I would try them both out, let your gut decide. Very equal capability and good boats!

Of all else was relatively the same I would go for the newer boat most likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Working...
          X