Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 24V

Hello,

We just sold a 2002 Moomba and we are looking at a 2007 24v. We have also been considering getting out of the surf/wake boats and moving into a Yamaha 230AR as our Moomba (at 21" at short) just did not do great on the bigger lakes (Powell and Lake Mead). However, now that we have found this 24' Tige that is much deeper than our Moomba we are thinking it could work for both the fun water sport stuff and take the rougher water at the bigger lakes. The Tige has 500 hours and had the engine rebuilt about 100 hours ago. We are going to have a look at it tomorrow. Anything specific to this boat we need to consider?
    Thank you.
    Michelle

Look at the thread started by killjoy7. I bought an 07 24ve last year. First Tige I've ever owned, so I can't give you much insight as to long term problems, but I love mine. The boat is an absolute beast.
    Last edited by crabo227; 02-15-2019, 12:28 AM.

Comment

I would confirm the year model via the HIN, as they did not make a 24V in 07. 06 was the last year for a 24V.

Nothing special to really look at, just make sure everything works, like you would when looking at any used boat, etc.

There are number of Mead/Powell boaters here that have had/have that model, and even the 22" version, that can tell you its a great big lake boat.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

You must be in my neck of the woods. They changed the updated 24V to call it the 24Ve, which is probably what you are looking at. There is a fair chance I know the boat if it is local. Feel free to shoot me a message.
        Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Originally posted by talltigeguy View Post
          You must be in my neck of the woods. They changed the updated 24V to call it the 24Ve, which is probably what you are looking at. There is a fair chance I know the boat if it is local. Feel free to shoot me a message.
          The boat is in Toquerville. The owner said the engine was replaced b/cuz the Engine was stolen. It was
          Replaced with a scorpion 5.7, 315 hp. I like the boat but I am concerned b/cuz my husband slaloms and our old 21' Moomba had an indmar 5.7, 315 hp engine that pulled him just fine. Will the 1000# additional of the 06 24v struggle to pull a slalom skier?

Comment

Have you confirmed the year and model? An 07 would have had a Marine Power engine, not a (Merc) Scorpion. in a 24ft, it would likely be a 340 or better. If theres a 315 in there, RUN!
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

chp, thinking the same thing. that's a lot of boat for a 315. and who steals a boat engine? the amount of damage and removed parts would be crazy to actually steal an engine. gots to be a lot more to that story if it's actually a merc engine.

anyhoo... our z3 runs fine on mead with some waves. would not be afraid of that 24v on mead at all.
              2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
              2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                Have you confirmed the year and model? An 07 would have had a Marine Power engine, not a (Merc) Scorpion. in a 24ft, it would likely be a 340 or better. If theres a 315 in there, RUN!
                It is an 06 24v that has a Scorpion 5.7 ltr. as a replacement.. The original engine was "stolen." The Scorpion 5.7 engine only produced 315 hp. I will run, thanks.

Comment

Yes, an 06 could be a 24V, and I guess Tige could have still been using Merc engines, but I thought they moved from Merc to PCM, before moving to Marine Power. Id contact Tige with HIN, and ask them what engine came in it originally.

Comment

If its an '06 with a scorpion it has to be shift by cable. There wasn't a throttle by wire setup used with a merc in a tige. Positive note, the boat could use the old mechanical perfect pass.
                    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                    X