Wetsounds rgb led question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wetsounds rgb led question

Who has installed a wetsounds rf rgb mc v2 that doesn’t get hissing from the speakers. I would like to know how you have it wired for power.

2015 and later are powered by the PDM so that doesn't help much. Does it hiss when the RGB wires are unplugged? Meaning the four rgb wires unplugged and only the power and ground hooked up to the controller.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Not sure but guessing it’s coming from the amps
      surf till u die.

Comment

I havent had time to troubleshoot it, I am going to run power and ground directly to the battery to see if that fixes the humming/hissing noise. It is for sure not the amps as it only makes noise when the leds are lit.

Comment

What worked for me was power/ground the stereo head unit directly to the battery

Comment

The stereo? So it was on all the time? Or you put a switch in line?

Comment

I'd gather he's referring to the constant 12v supply only, not the IGN turn on.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

hmm... I wonder if I have installed incorrectly... I just have one red and one black.. I assumed the red went somewhere into the ignition... my yellow wire is directly to perko switch, that does include all of my other items though..

I do feel like it only hums from the rgb controller though.. when I turn the power to the controller off the hissing/humming goes away.
                Last edited by Carranza913; 02-08-2019, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carranza913 View Post
                  I havent had time to troubleshoot it, I am going to run power and ground directly to the battery to see if that fixes the humming/hissing noise. It is for sure not the amps as it only makes noise when the leds are lit.
                  If possible, use a battery that is not connected to anything else. This will prove if noise is coupling through 12v power/ground or coupling through the 4wire led cables into rca’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just FYI I ran direct to the Perko switch and grounded directly to battery and put a switch inline. No hissing. Works perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X