07 24ve Anyone recognize this tower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

07 24ve Anyone recognize this tower?

Im looking at this boat but doesn't seem like a standard tige tower. Anyone recognize it?

thx
    Attached Files

Metcraft. I have this tower. I know of two other owners who have this tower as well. Tige dealer in Nevada back in the day was putting these on.

Comment

A buddies centurion has that tower and it rattles like no tomorrow

Comment

I didn't think it rattled all that bad, but I never owned a boat with it. I did have a guy I went with a couple of times who had one and it was solid. It is not very tall if you are considering buying it and height is an issue.

I remember something about water getting down into the front tube somehow and then freezing and breaking the tower. So inspect the bases of the front tubes real well. Am I right @boonecragun?

It was made by Metcraft, but it is not the infamous Metcrap from 2000-2002 era.
        Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Solid tower. No rattling on mine. Not the same “metcrap” tower with all the problems. Centurion was putting them on their enzos calling them the evolution tower. There have been reports of water getting into the tubing and freezing where it attaches in front of windshield, but I’ve never been in those temps so never worried about it. Quick fix though to prevent.

Plenty tall for me, but not for tall red riders.. I think I looked at this boat back in the day when I picked mine up. If I recall it was getting a new Bimini at the time.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

I have this tower on my 2005 Tige 24v. Is as nice as towers came back then. Solid, strong and doesn't make as much noise. It's exactly the same tower that centurion uses, called the evolution. Wetsounds has tower brackets for it as well as a bunch of board rack options. A dealer in vegas put these on boats from 2005-2006 or so.
              Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Working...
              X