Props OJ 945 15/13 vs ACME 1433 on 2017 Z1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Props OJ 945 15/13 vs ACME 1433 on 2017 Z1

So it seems the prop may have been swapped on 2017 Z1 to OJ 945.
    Which would benefit me better for surfing?
    OJ 945 15 /13 or the stock 1433?

Florida elevation, 6.2L 400, 2400lbs ballast, up to 950lbs extra lead.

Thanks in advance.

The OJ will be way better for pushing weight. Unless your rpm is too high then it might be too low of a pitch.

Comment

I agree. A 15" x 13" is going to be much better then a 14" x 14.25" for hole shot and speed holding. I think the 400Tq has enough ballz to spin a 15" with no issue.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks,
        The boat demo was good, but I did notice the prop change so I was curious...
        I had to surf demo in 60 degree water, and yes, I did have the full wetsuit on!!

That made for a short surf demo, but I was impressed with the overall wave and boat.

So the 2015 R20 was traded for 2017 Z1 with e tower.

6929562_20181206115431685_1_LARGE.jpg6929562_20181206115434456_1_LARGE.jpg

tige (1).jpg

Comment

Had to surf in 60 degree water, what a punishment.. lol

Congrats on the new boat looks great!

Comment

Congrats on the upgrade

Comment

Ironman... I also have a Z1, I use the 1275 prop and have been very happy. I upgraded my ballast bag this winter to see if I can get a bigger wave on the port side, I'll let you know how that goes about 6 months from now. I really like the color scheme of your new boat. That was my first choice but my wife doesn't like brown on the inside of a boat (have no idea why)? I personally love it... I really like our Z1, it turns on a dime and looks great in the water. Let me know if you have any questions since we have almost the exact same boat....

Boat Pic correct position.jpg

Comment

Thanks for all the help...
                We LOVE it TAPS 3 and E tower makes life so much easier !!

Thanks NG572, just got this boat and first couple runs we are extremely happy with it.
                We have been running it with stock ballast and we have about 1000lbs of lead to ad to it as well.

Here is an interior shot...tige 5.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                X