Rumor Mill!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumor Mill!

So I think this has been brought up before but has anyone heard any rumors of Tige introducing an "R" series for either the RZX hull or now ZX hulls? It makes sense to me since they now in essence got rid of the Z line (I know I know you can"option" the R series up to a Z series" but from a manufacturing perspective wouldn't it be easier to now create an "R" series of the hulls it would appear Tige is moving forward with?

What could you leave off option wise for an "R" series RZX.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

The same thing you could from a z3 to r23....

Comment

You could save a ton of money by deleting the power tower. I have it and never use the feature. Seats was mentioned. I could go either way on them. I like the diamond stitching, but if it was a significant savings I would go without them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
            You could save a ton of money by deleting the power tower. I have it and never use the feature. Seats was mentioned. I could go either way on them. I like the diamond stitching, but if it was a significant savings I would go without them as well.
            Flip seat is one expensive option I have never used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

I could be completely off but I thought I read that both the vinyl and either type and/or thickness of the foam was different to save costs as well between the R and Z series??.....technically you could use the smaller screen vs the big screen. Less audio stuff that is standard (not sure what's standard audio on a ZX but I assume it's more than 4 speakers and a HU like the R series was).....I mean let's be real, with the direction these things are going the "budget" version of a ZX1 is still gonna MSRP at 100k I bet but I'd be willing to entertain a ZX1 hull with a simpler interior a lot faster than an R23...

Comment

Personally I don’t need this happening anytime soon. I actually think tige made a good move by separating out the r series by stopping the z3, rz2, rzr. It creates a larger gap between say a r23 and rzx3 which helps keep the cost down. It also probably helps them as a brand, just imagine if they had a cheaper model of every single new boat, it would overly confusing and do value the brand.

I almost think they should brand it more as r series so the average person knows this isn’t just how tiges are. Imagine looking at an axis and then having someone tell you that’s a Malibu, not knowing it’s a different “brand” would steer some away thinking they’re all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                  I almost think they should brand it more as r series so the average person knows this isn’t just how tiges are. Imagine looking at an axis and then having someone tell you that’s a Malibu, not knowing it’s a different “brand” would steer some away thinking they’re all the same.
                  At least in the automotive world I don't believe this has been a problem. I don't think anyone looking at a base Chevy Tahoe would then compare it to a Cadillac Escalade expecting them to be the same.

Now that I think of it, I like an automotive trim level approach. Do you want the Work Truck, SLE, SLT, or Denali package on your new RZX3?

Comment

This is PURELY SPECULATION on my part, but I think you are more likely to see the whole R series slowly phase out for completely new budget boats. Only reason I think that is Tige is obviously making the effort to build new boats and stay relevant in the tow boat market. Leaving the ASR out you have the RZX(later named RZX3) in 2016, and since then they have rolled out the RZX2, RZX20, ZX1, and ZX5 in just a couple years time. With companies like Moomba(and AXIS) building the Helix, Max, and Makai in the same period and marketing them as "budget boats", it wouldnt surprise me at all to see Tige roll out some bigger "budget boats" in the next few years to stay current in the market. It just seems like the logical way to go rather than stripping down their "Premium" line of boats. Im sure the molds for RZ2, Z1, and Z3 have more than paid for themselves at this point.

Its that or they sit back and keep churning R series boats out of those same molds and taking what they get, but that just doesnt seem like their MO the last few years. They want to be up there with the "Big 3" in market share and from what I can tell they would love to bump their way into one of those spots. Dont think it would happen if they just rest on their laurels, and Im sure they know it, so necessity drives invention. Thats just my guess anyways. They certainly havent been shy about spending money to develop new boats and make money recently so why would they stop now?? Especially with the market so hot right now, otherwise they will get lumped in with the Sangers and MBs of the world.

Comment

The reason why the R series is the budget line is precisely because all the R&D is long since paid for. The molds are paid for. There is no risk. For that reason you can keep it cheap and keep it going. It obviously doesn't last forever, but that RZ2 hull is 12 years old now and people still love it. The Z1 hull is only 6 years old... If they re-design the budget lines it raises the price.

Apple figured this out a few years ago. It made way more sense to bring in the iPhone SE as a new budget line as it was just using the 5 series assembly line. It made way more sense than building the 5C the generation prior. Of course they also just launched the Xr, so maybe it's not that obvious.

Comment

So its seems, based the tige.com site, factory PnP sacs is the only actual "option" on an RZX. So everything else is a standard.

With TAPS-3, I would not want to go with less ballast. However, there could be a base level, and end user could do their own additional ballast. However, im not sure there would be a huge cost difference in the end, once you factory time and materials aftermarket, in this case.

Limiting engine could certainly keep the boat's retail down, but a smaller/cheaper engine options could turn out to be a pitfall, for those loading up ballast, which TAPS-3 needs, or those in higher elevations. Would suck to be steered to the more expensive model, simply cause you boat on a high lake.

Below are some features that could be dropped or scaled back, to make the boat a more entry-level model RZX

Premium Standard Features
                        ConvexV Hull
                        Tige CLEAR User Experience
                        Alpha E2 Powered Tower with Swivel Board Racks
                        TAPS 3 Surf System
                        Raptor Series Engine
                        Surf + Wake XL Underfloor Ballast
                        Plug and Play Ballast, includes 2 rear bags
                        BoatMate Trailer
                        Tige 5 Warranty
                        Zero Off™ GPS Cruise Control
                        Smart Wheel
                        Billet Phone Holder
                        ICE Power Premium Sound System
                        RearView Camera
                        Fresh Air Exhaust
                        Portside Transform Seating
                        Custom Flooring Options
                        YETI Hopper 30 Removable Cooler
                        RZX Graphic Package
                        Custom Diamond Interior
                        Z-Cline Seat
                        Surf Locker
                        Tige Armour Mooring Cover
                        Lexan Windscreen Door
                        Standard RZX Graphic
                        Stainless Appearance Package
                        Stainless Steel Rubrail
                        Trash Receptacle
                        Digital Depth & Water Temp
                        Tige Pro Driver Mirror
                        Electronic Isolator and Dual Batteries
                        Sea Strainer Flush Kit
                        Dual Fuel Fills
                        Hull Vinyl Ester Resin Skin Coat
                        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                          This is PURELY SPECULATION With companies like Moomba(and AXIS) building the Helix, Max, and Makai in the same period and marketing them as "budget boats", it wouldnt surprise me at all to see Tige roll out some bigger "budget boats" in the next few years to stay current in the market.
                          I'll be the first to admit I plan on "upgrading" my boat (more in size than frills on the inside) in a couple of years. The Makai has my eye. I mean a 25 ft boat at 100k MSRP. I crawled around one at the boat show this past weekend and it most definitely does not "feel" like a budget boat (thinking of Axis in this case). The main thing that is keeping me with Tige is my dealer. Dude is incredible and honestly it will take A LOT to move me away from him. If Tige does nothing and just keeps striving for Pavati pricing I'll either A. keep my boat and not buy a new one (no new sale for Tige) or B. finally have to make the tough call and move on to another company that offers me more boat for my money (again, no new sale for Tige). I don't consider fancy vinyl and more gatorstep more boat...I want size...

I still believe the R series from Tige is the best overall "budget" boat but I can't make the leap in my brain to just simply go from an R21 to an R23...I just don't feel like I'm getting THAT much more boat for the $25-30k difference that I paid for my R21 in 2016 vs the now R23 pricing....I can however see a new hull leap for that amount of coin (hence the "budget" ZX or RZX hull)

Comment

Originally posted by BurnMac42 View Post
                            I'll be the first to admit I plan on "upgrading" my boat (more in size than frills on the inside) in a couple of years. The Makai has my eye. I mean a 25 ft boat at 100k MSRP. I crawled around one at the boat show this past weekend and it most definitely does not "feel" like a budget boat (thinking of Axis in this case). The main thing that is keeping me with Tige is my dealer. Dude is incredible and honestly it will take A LOT to move me away from him. If Tige does nothing and just keeps striving for Pavati pricing I'll either A. keep my boat and not buy a new one (no new sale for Tige) or B. finally have to make the tough call and move on to another company that offers me more boat for my money (again, no new sale for Tige). I don't consider fancy vinyl and more gatorstep more boat...I want size...

I still believe the R series from Tige is the best overall "budget" boat but I can't make the leap in my brain to just simply go from an R21 to an R23...I just don't feel like I'm getting THAT much more boat for the $25-30k difference that I paid for my R21 in 2016 vs the now R23 pricing....I can however see a new hull leap for that amount of coin (hence the "budget" ZX or RZX hull)

I too looked at the Makai.. its a solid boat for a great price. Moomba has a winner here.

Comment

Thats a nice list Mike. Theres even a few more things that could get taken off the list but why would you want to (dual fills, and GPS swapped to a paddlewheel).

I wonder if they could run a 1:76 instead of a 2:1 and if there would be any saving?? Theres some others running the 1.76:1 and pushing big weight at elevation but Ive only seen that optioned with the next step up from the 440(SC calls it the 450 but I believe Indmar calls it the 460). So Im think any savings in the power train gets gobbled back up by the higher optioned engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X