RZX3 Phone Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZX3 Phone Holder

Got this Phone holder for my 2017 RZX3 that didn’t have one. Anyone know how to install it like they do in the factory?IMG_4758.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id have to crawl under the helm in a new boat that has one. Im assuming it has threaded holes tapped into the back of it ya??

Comment

Yes it does

Comment

Originally posted by duanehortman View Post
        Yes it does

I can look on Monday at a stock setup but if I had to guess there are studs installed into the threaded inserts and then nylocked on the backside of the dash. You could make you own studs out of some stainless pretty easily at home.

Or get some bolts just long enough to pull it tight to vinyl on the dash.

Comment

Where did you get that phone holder, I need one for my 2017 RZX2, didn't come with it.
          Paul Middlemore

Comment

X2 and what was the price? Are you planning on installing a power point as well?

Comment

phone holder.jpg

Not really an easy task after the fact. The part is installed on the dash before the dash is put on the boat. There is a void between the dash and the fiberglass behind it.

You will need long through bolts/studs if you are going to try that route and you won't be able to tighten them up too tight.

You may be able to mark the holes, drill through the plastic, pull screws out of that side of the dash and possibly bend it out enough to get the nuts on and tighten them.
              Oh Yeah!

Comment

Also, you might look around for a different location that might be an easier install and still be convenient.

Comment

Just did mine, made a paper template by tracing the back of the plate, marked holes on dash and drilled through dash and fiberglass backing. I did need to go to HomeDepot and get some longer screws (2"-2.5"), washers and lock washers, not to bad and is solid.

Comment

do you have a pic of the finished product from the front/back?

Comment

RZX3 Phone Holder

Got my phone holder installed! (2018 R23) Not easy but not the hardest thing either. Use #8 screws from 2” to 2-1/2” with washers and nuts for spacers to get it right.

Take the holder apart so you can use the back as your template. Then drill the holes through the helm. The fiberglass behind the façade is predrilled which makes it nice.

Then you can put the holder back together.

Then start figuring out your screw lengths from there by pushing them in from the back until there’s about 1/4” sticking out. See below

Then carefully, and this is the hard part, begin screwing in each screw a little one by one until they are all tight.

Reinstall the power plug and your done!

Last edited by wired1236; 05-11-2019, 11:38 PM.

Comment

I have a brand new phone holder for sale paid $250 from My dealer. Make me an offer

Comment

I sent you a PM

Comment

looks great

Comment

Working...
                            X