News reports fire at Tige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News reports fire at Tige

Just saw some news clips of fire at Tige plant.
    Hope everyone is OK !!

One story states 2 flown to burn center, 4 others taken to local hospital. Boat caught fire in engine bay in shop, towed out with forklift. Prayers to all.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

WOW....Hope everyone is ok. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Comment

It sounded to me like the guy who hooked on to that boat and hauled it outside is the hero here. I believe he was one of the people taken to hospital. Had he just turned and run this would be a very different story.

Comment

^^agreed. Quick thinking on his part for sure!! From the pics it looks like the boat was on the line at the end(just before they roll outside after final prep and clean). If it had been at the other end or even in the middle of the line it may have been a different story. Im curious if it was a short or what that caused it, but thats the boat nerd in me.

Certainly hope everyone is released from the hospital soon and hopefully no body sustained any 3rd degree burns or need any grafts. Been through that and its not fun.

Comment

That is a terrible event, but sounds like it ended about as well as it could have. Massive respect to the guy who quite possibly saved the building by pulling out the boat. Please keep this thread updated as we learn more.

EDIT: I've scanned the stories. Happened late at night... are they running two shifts? And a fire in the engine compartment in the middle of the line doesn't sound like a gasoline fire, seems highly unlikely a mid-assembly boat would have fuel in its (new) tank. Heck, I'm not even sure they'd have a battery installed yet. Wonder if it was a heat gun igniting something, or they had used a power supply to power up the battery bus for testing, something arced, and ignited nearby materials. I know other manufacturers use DC power supplies to power up boats in the middle of the line for electrical tests.
            Last edited by IDBoating; 01-17-2019, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Not much can be said until the inspection is finalized. Everyone is doing well. Very thankful of that fact.
              Oh Yeah!

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if a few guys with new boats will start blaming the mechanic for smoking in the boat while they got it ready.

Glad to hear there was not more damage and that nobody had life threatening injuries.
                Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Glad to hear all is well fire is never good.

Comment

Working...
                  X