Considering upgrade to 2017 Z1 pros - cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering upgrade to 2017 Z1 pros - cons

Considering upgrade from 2015 R20 to 2017 Z1.

Anything I should be aware of or on the lookout for?
    Obviously Taps 3 and new tower are an upgrade from R20.

Any TT screen / hardware, software issues?
    Taps 2 and 3 actuator or mechanical issues?
    Wet Sound amp issues?

Any service or recalls I should know about?

Thanks !!

we had 2017 r21 and had amp issues and taps3 actuator issues but all where resolved under warranty

Comment

I did quite a bit of research on them prior to purchasing our z3 and elevatedconcepts/freeheel4life was a huge resource to what to look out for and differences in the boats...

most of what I came away with was there were taps actuators issues, amp issues, something about O2 sensor issues depending on the motor around the '17 boats. we couldn't go up to an 18 due to price so we ended up going backwards a few years to get a larger hull to surf.
      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Some 17s had cat issues(an Indmar issue not Tige). As others have said, there was a batch of amps that had issues but WS has been great about covering the issue under warranty if it comes to that.

If boat is at a dealer I would try and see if they will switch actuators to the new swivel design. I think it is the best version of TAPS3 and has had a ton of hours of R&D put into it due to some issues with earlier versions. Should eliminate some variables and equal more time on the water.
        Also if its at a dealer have them verify the serial numbers on the actuators to make sure they are not in the generation that had issues with seals(Lenco issue not a Tige issue).

Comment

So not having been in the Z1, will there be a noticeable difference in surf wave with Taps 3 and 2400lbs of ballast compared to the R20 with taps 2, surf gate, 2000lbs ballast, 1000lbs of that on rear port?

What can I reasonably expect.
          I know lead will make either boat better.
          Last edited by Ironrequiem; 01-14-2019, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Not sure what your budget is but I’ve got a 2017 RZX2 for sale pm me if your interested
            surf till u die.

Comment

[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

The z1 should have a noticeably larger wave than your current r20. Even a r20 with taps 3 will have an improved wave by large amounts. Plus with the z1 you're getting a much nicer boat. If it were me I'd still keep an eye open for a z3 with taps 3.

Comment

+1

2016 Z3 for the win vs 2017 Z1. Better amp. Prob better price. More room.

Comment

We have some killer z3 stuff that I might be able to turn your head on.... below is my contact info. If you need help I am a call or email away.Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 5.46.51 PM.png
                    Germaine Marine
                    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

elevatedconcept I sent you a pm.

Comment

Working...
                      X