Are Chromax Logos obsolete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter project almost done. Got my 08 Z1 stripped right down, gave it a good cutting and polishing. I want to keep it clean looking and just add a Chromax logo to the back corners but can't seem to find them anywhere. Are they not making them anymore?
    2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
    360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Nautique still uses them. The 'Super Air Nautique' you see on any of those boats is a hard plastic stuck on the boat.

Having said that, I think stickers are better, and have less drag, so they are not as likely to fall off. If I were revamping an existing boat, I would get a custom made drip molded sticker from a place like Domednumbers.com
    Be excellent to one another.

Comment

I contacted Tige in October and they said that they can be purchased through any Tige dealer. They aren’t available for sale on Tige’s website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought 3 last year from a dealer on Ebay. Approx. $275 shipped. Haven't put them on yet. Going to polish areas one more time.

Comment

Are you looking for the old chromax logos or the new style that are black with chrome outline?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB313 View Post
            Are you looking for the old chromax logos or the new style that are black with chrome outline?
            The old style ones that are all chrome 3d embossed.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Comment

PM Sent

Comment

IMG_5635.jpg

Comment

If you get a set make sure you ask the dealer if they are indeed the updated version. There was a problem with them falling off for a bit. I think there was an adhesive issue but a lot of the problems may well have been attributed to people’s application process. The boat needs to be cleaned and prepped properly and it needs to be warm when you apply them. It was in the 80s when I did mine two seasons back. I’ve had no issues with mine but I was told they were of the new batch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                    If you get a set make sure you ask the dealer if they are indeed the updated version. There was a problem with them falling off for a bit. I think there was an adhesive issue but a lot of the problems may well have been attributed to people’s application process. The boat needs to be cleaned and prepped properly and it needs to be warm when you apply them. It was in the 80s when I did mine two seasons back. I’ve had no issues with mine but I was told they were of the new batch.
                    That was for the newer version(black with chrome outline) on 2017 and some 2018 year models. These old style haven't had any issue that I am aware of.

Comment

Make sure you remove any waxes or other items over the gel. They need to stick right to the gel coat. Maybe that goes without saying.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                        Make sure you remove any waxes or other items over the gel. They need to stick right to the gel coat. Maybe that goes without saying.
                        So here is the deal. I just stripped the boat of all it's decals and sanded, cut, and polished the whole thing. How does one go about removing the wax then re-waxing around the embossed logo? I don't want dull gel coat in the holes or between the letters.

Comment

I was able to order two of the older style chromax logos from Eagle Marine in Ft. Worth so this dealer was still able to get them. Their advice for prepping the hull for the decals (wax removal) was to clean the area with acetone, place the decals, and then re-wax over/around them when done. No validity on that approach yet, but just passing on their advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetter View Post
                            So here is the deal. I just stripped the boat of all it's decals and sanded, cut, and polished the whole thing. How does one go about removing the wax then re-waxing around the embossed logo? I don't want dull gel coat in the holes or between the letters.
                            There are several cleaners you can buy that will remove the wax. Once the logos are in place, put wax back on with Q-tips in the hard to reach areas.

Comment

Working...
                            X