Broken tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken tower

Our boat was caught up in the central Texas floods. As a result the tower is toast. The dealer said that the tower may not be available (2009 RZ2). What is the real word? Can you use a newer tower? Also the prop is bent. Is that something that can be straightened out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by ATXWAKE View Post
    Our boat was caught up in the central Texas floods. As a result the tower is toast. The dealer said that the tower may not be available (2009 RZ2). What is the real word? Can you use a newer tower? Also the prop is bent. Is that something that can be straightened out?

Contact Justin. I am sure you could get a new E2 tower for it but its going to be expensive/ I dont think it will be available to anyone else but those affected by the floods might get some help.
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

For the prop contact Nettles in Austin. They should not have any problem getting that prop back into shape.

What dealer did you contact by chance?

Comment

Thanks for all the help.

It was bay marine. They are a new Tige dealer near Horseshoe bay.

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
          Contact Justin. I am sure you could get a new E2 tower for it but its going to be expensive/ I dont think it will be available to anyone else but those affected by the floods might get some help.

what's the best way to contact Justin?

Comment

Originally posted by ATXWAKE View Post
            what's the best way to contact Justin?
            No need, I can tell you here :-)
            Only the M2 tower is being offered as a replacement for the Alpha. Contact Bay Marine and tell them you need a quote on the M2 tower as a replacement for your Alpha Z. Give them the hull ID number for reference. The E2 tower is not available for older models, just the M2. There will be some gelcoat and glass repair and you will need all new board racks. Just something to consider during the insurance claim process.
            Last edited by KoolAid; 10-25-2018, 01:22 PM.
            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
              No need, I can tell you here :-)
              Only the M2 tower is being offered as a replacement for the Alpha. Contact Bay Marine and tell them you need a quote on the M2 tower as a replacement for your Alpha Z. Give them the hull ID number for reference. The E2 tower is not available for older models, just the M2. There will be some gelcoat and glass repair and you will need all new board racks. Just something to consider during the insurance claim process.
              I think that's what elevatedconcept was trying to say, that normally the M2 is the direct replacement.

Tige, as a Texas company, taking care of Texas Tige owners that were affected by the flood, could get some great free press and some fantastic "we really take care of our customers" PR by allowing those of us that have this problem to get access to that tower. They could even brand the tower - Texas Tough Tige.

I know that would skyrock my loyalty to the Tige brand.

Comment

The M2 is an upgrade over the Alpha all day. Swapping an E2 for a an Alpha isnt really an apples to apples comparison (a folding non power tower to a folding power tower). Id be stoked on an M2 as an upgrade.
                Next time pull the bilge plug and your tower wont break Then take your an insurance money and order a new r22 with an E2 and whatever options you want. Im mostly joking but partly serious. Plus then theres no damage to your boathouse.
                Last edited by freeheel4life; 10-25-2018, 09:46 PM.

Comment

I feel you man. What a week it’s been on Travis.

BABz - babzusa.com
                  Austin, TX

Comment

Justin is super helpful and will definitely get you pointed in the right direction! Here is his contact info

Justin Herring

Customer Service

Sales Support

Tigé Boats Inc.

1801 Hwy 36

Abilene, TX 79602

Justin@tige.com
                    Last edited by Jgarseeya; 05-08-2019, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X